“Good place to stay away from it all, at crossroads between US and Montreal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu

You added Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Rue Gadbois, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec J3A1V1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE between 10-30%!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Good place to stay away from it all, at crossroads between US and Montreal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our room was comfortable. Staff was nice and helpful. Steps away from several good places to eat on the road such as Tim Hortons, Pizza Hut, and Boston Pizza.self parking close by as well. It was far away from the city. Fitness center had a great a/c and was quite adequate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Catherine M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Jabnolla,

thank you very much for your great review ! It is a pleasure for me too see that our staff was nice and helpful and that your room was comfortable. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed our great fitness center !

I hope we will have the pleasure to see you again in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Trenton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is a former Comfort Inn with a few fixtures and beddings from Holiday Inn. The room we had was very small (two beds) and very limited in walking space. The bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean (fan did not work). When I asked if there was coffee in the evening (like most Holiday Inn Express) the man at the desk told me I could get some at the Tim Horton's... Breakfast room was full (baseball tournament of some sort) and very loud. (At least the lady was really nice!) Over all, I would go back just because they accept pets and it is convenient to get in and out of the highway. Were supposed to stay there more than one night but decided to cut our trip short.

Room Tip: If you want a good night sleep, ask for a second floor (steps only) at least you will not hear the p...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Helene H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hudson, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is obviously a former Comfort inn Building with a pool and a breakfast lounge added. Comfort inn style, with some new light fixtures, very little room renovations. Breakfast is great, I never got to try the pool but everything else is just average.

The Management at this hotel sucks. Be prepared that if you have a complaint, the Manager won't even make the time of day to see you. They were ALWAYS 'BUSY' when I wanted to see them in regards to a sudden rate change without my consent. Be prepared for that too- Sudden rate changes without your consent.

Note to the manager: I wouldn't let you run a bath, let alone a Hotel. Be glad you don't work for me, because you wouldn't for very long.

The breakfast Lady during the week, she is friendly and amazing. Maybe she should get a management promotion.

ANYTHING over MAX. 129.99 a night, and you're being scammed out of your money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Kevin_Ilaqua,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the level of service you have received during your stay that did not meet your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed for three nights travelling from the states for business. Easy to get to right off Highway 35. There are signs directing you to the exit. The person attending the front desk was pleasant and helpful when I checked-in. The room was very clean and comfortable. The complimentary continental breakfast was adequate for those who don't need a big meal to get the day started. In the evening, a walk across the parking lot, there is Boston Pizza, which serves very good meals (not just pizza), as well as Pizza Hut and Burger King. This is a very nice, convenient place to stay. I recommend it to anyone needing to stay in the east Montreal area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear H R,

Thank you for your great review concerning our hotel ! I am glad to read that we made your business trip pleasant ! As well, it is a pleasure for me to see that our staff did their best to welcome you in the hotel, and that your room met your needs.

We look forward to welcome you back in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu during your next business trip in the area !
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel used to be a comfort inn. They did great renovation to make it a holiday inn express. Up at par with the standards of the chain. Good stay, good night sleep and very clean.

I would come back and recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear alwaysinasuitcase,

Thank you for your great review ! As well, thank you for your comment concerning the renovation, I am glad to see that you loved the changes we did to the hotel to give our guests a better service ! It is a pleasure to see that your room was clean, and most of all that you had a good night sleep, which is really important for us !

I hope we will welcome you back in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu !
Sarnia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed here traveling with family My mom,and my aunt for 2 nights( I had a separate room )to visit my boyfriend of six years in the CFLRS. I am grateful I was blessed to having the opportunity to see him as I had missed him even though it had only been 2 months . This was a very clean and very decent place to stay. I have 2 complaints is that my room location was bad, and the bath room is very very tiny not alot of space between the counter and the toilet . I was near the laundry room so I was awakened at 6 am by a crap load of noise. Despite this the staff were friendly and helpful and the lady at the breakfast bar was friendly. For 2 nights I can't really complain much else. I enjoyed my stay. And I plan on getting out there again at the end of the month or first week of July and probably again when he graduates in August.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mega08,

Thank you for your great review ! First of all, I would like to offer you my apologies concerning the bad location of your room and the noise during your stay. If you ever come back to the hotel, please feel free to advise the reservation agent regarding those concerns. It will be a pleasure for us to do our best so you won't have to deal with those problems during your next stay. On the other side, I am really glad you enjoyed your stay when visiting your boyfriend ! It is a pleasure for me to read that our staff was friendly and helpful regarding your needs.

I hope we will have the pleasure to see you back in august !
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel May 2013 for 2 nights. The hotel is in an excellent location for visiting the Canadian forces base in Saint Jean Sur Richelieu. Rooms were very clean, staff accommodating and helpful at all times. We did not use the pool. Breakfast was average and included. Nice to have Boston pizza, Tim Hortons, Pizza Hut and Burger King within walking distance of the hotel. Also, highway to Montreal right beside the hotel, so noisey outside but quiet inside. Would stay here again when visiting the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bailey_adams,

Thank you for taking some time to write us such a great review ! I am glad you loved the hotel location, and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu ! As well, I am happy to read that our staff were helpful and made their best to make your stay as good as possible.

Thank you very much again !

Been to Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu? Share your experiences!