“Nice views, lots to do, rustic” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Auberge du Lac Morency

You added Auberge du Lac Morency to your Saves list
Auberge du Lac Morency
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   42, rue de la Chaumine, Saint Hippolyte, Quebec J8A 2N4, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Hippolyte
Houston, Texas
“Nice views, lots to do, rustic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

Flew from Houston to Montreal, rented a car and drove to the resort. Enjoyed the stay. Rooms had a kitchenette/or full kitchen...was there with a large wedding group..the wedding was held elsewhere. Rooms we stayed in were clean and neat, had a tv, and wifi. Staff was friendly, lots to do, indoor pool (since it was autumn) was good, lake activities with paddle boats were available...there is an activities room. We stayed for 5 days, but never ate on the property. There's a nearby food store, but you need a car to get there. We ate once at a local bistro. Very picturesque, especially with the fall foliage. Kids in our group had fun. Rooms also had fireplaces. The rooms we stayed in had a living room attached to the bedroom, and the full kitchen; the next room had a bed, couch with pull out bed and a kitchenette, but since we knew the folks in the next room we opened the connecting door and shared the living room space

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

We where there for a wedding, a week before the wedding the planner of the hotel took 3 days of vacation (that is not the problem) but never return the sife to be phone calls. So she didn't had any news from the planner until friday, the day before the weeding. And there, they didn't know what to do for the wedding.
People at reception and a lot of employees where not nice.
The place is amazing but the service of the hotel is really desapointing.
I dont recommant is for a big group, maybe one night for the lake and the view.

• Stayed August 2010
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here in June for 3 nights. We stayed in a room that included a full kitchen and living room on the main floor. Upstairs we had a full bathroom and bedroom. It was very clean and had more than enough space for 2.

The staff is wonderful. There are lots of things to do on site. We rented a canoe, board games and sports equipment, which are all included. We rented bikes on site, the price was reasonable.

There is a fenced in pool and space to sit near the little beach. It was beautiful. I would recommend this resort to friends.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Ajax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

we took motorcycles up here for a week and the winding roads are perfect for this. Had the most beautiful meal at the resort but I have to say there is no "bad" food in Quebec! Nice resort tucked in beside a quiet lake surrounded by mountains.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

It is all started when my wife received a call from Geo holidays and she was told that we "won" a family vacation package and that we only needed to pay $100.00 for all of us for a few days. Of course the catch was - we had to listen to the time-share sales pitch (around 2h). When I came home and learned about it (30 min. research), I had my doubts about the place. I am by trade a SW engineer and naturally detail-oriented. Troubles started when I read the fine print.
1) Invalid cancelation date range:
According to the printed rules we could cancel our "won vacation" 30 days prior the
start date, otherwise we would be charged the full price of the stay for all the days.
Rules are rules and everything would have been OK, except that we have received
that call 20 days prior the start date and automatically we were exempt from
cancelation procedure - CLEAR SIGN OF A SCAM!!!
2) Purposely withholding of important information
According to the printed rules we must not bring our kids to the time-share sales pitch,
however, when I called ahead of time to arrange for the baby-sitting I was told that
there is no baby-sitting facilities available and that we would have to arrange that with
"somebody" on the spot, that "somebody" charges $35 per hour per kid and I have 2.
3) False information provided
When my wife spoke with the agent that was informing her about our "winning", my
wife's first question was - "How far is that place?" (as we have small kids), she
received an answer - 1.5 hours. When I was creating a route through the google maps
, I could not find anything less then 3 hours no matter what settings I would put in
place, it could not have been in any case 1.5 hours.
4) False itinerary information provided
When the agent spoke with my wife - indicated that breakfasts were included for all,
in reality, kids were not included. There is also no kids menu. There is no place you
can go to get a decent lunch or supper, everything is overpriced and despite the
gourmet(ish) appeal, does not even come close. We love Fairmont Montebello and
Fairmont Tremblant and we go there regularly (summer, fall, winter and spring) and
we know how it could/should be.

Bottom line is - when I wanted to cancel the trip, despite presenting all the evidence to the agent my reasoning was dismissed, I felt that I am speaking to the brick wall - overall horrible experience that I would not want my worst enemy to live through. Really arrogant attitude over the phone. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Saint Hippolyte hotels

Bangor, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

My family and I booked this through an RCI trade and it is really great. They have organized activities for free (canoe and kayak lessons, french classes, guided hikes etc) and tours of Quebec City and Montreal for a fee. There are paddle boats, canoes and kayaks and tennis rackets to use. We ate at the french restaurant twice and it was a fair price for the quality of the meal, but it was a little expensive. I indulged in two spa treatments that were really good. We have thoroughly enjoyed our time here and would love to return.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

The resort is nice... many things to do. As others have said, the units are nice, but not top notch while the restaurant is geared toward those traveling within a much bigger budget than mine! $38, plus taxes (%15) and tip for 1 for dinner... and the choices are limited.

Suggestions:
1. Compile a book of activities in the area- (not just the ones on site) with contact info and prices even. All signs are in French which is charming but more difficult for non-French speaking guests. Help us out a bit- it would go a long way!

2. Where are the local eateries? I asked a person and they didn't know where the "locals" ate? really?? we spent a lot of time online and trying to sort through French publications to locate food and local activities... VERY frustrating. Again- just help us out a bit so we have more time to enjoy.

4. Clarify the services of the restaurant and prices. Show a copy of the whole menu not just brunch and dinner. Near the end of the week, we discovered you could get bagels and hot chocolate at the restaurant. We were told from day 1 that there were set meals and times and reservations must be made.

4. Stabilize your hours of operation!! Hours of operation varied for activities on site- we were told closing was 9:00 pm. we discovered it was 9 for one thing, 6:00 for another and 5:00 for another, when we were told 9:00- period. That resulted in a few letdowns! After we struggled through and made plans, then discovered the info given to us was incorrect. We wanted to go kayaking....too late. wanted to rent an ATV...too late and the info given in the orientation sessions was incorrect- they were not available to rent during the evenings. Such long, beautiful evenings and activities are closed.

I had to ask for a daily activity map- not in booklet we were given.

5. Lighten up on the restaurant. Offer a burger and some basic fare for those with families and on a budget.

6. 1 bedroom units really need a cart for the microwave so there is some counter space to wash dishes. No electric dishwasher in our unit despite saying full kitchen.

7. Perhaps add a few French phrases in the book. Then we could attempt to speak in Native language and communicate better. I always like to speak a bit of the language when i travel, even if my pronunciation is not so good. after we spent to much time hunting eating and activity options, I was too tired and annoyed to spend anymore time online looking for French phrases. I admit, I was not prepared for the language issue- my bad.

Indoor pool was great!
Staff could all communicate very well in both English and French.
They were helpful when asked- but having resources to share with us would save everyone time!
Most activities were free- yeah- THANK YOU!!
Architecture of buildings was nice.
Grounds were well maintained.
Beautiful flowers and vineyards.
Free wifi- a bit unreliable but it was very nice to have.
We made a fire on the beach at night in a firepit- very nice touch!!
The local rail-trail was awesome!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Auberge du Lac Morency? Share your experiences!