“Unimpressed with service at the bar” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 10 Attractions in Montebello
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
Montreal
“Unimpressed with service at the bar”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

I visited the Chateau Montebello yesterday for the first time and while the hotel structure and atmosphere were lovely and welcoming, the service on the contrary, was quite unimpressive.

We were passing by from Ottawa on our way to Montreal and we decided to stop for some refreshements at the bar in the lobby area. The waiter never came to take our order at the table, so I decided to go to the bar to order. The waiter didn't bother making an effort to help me take our drinks back to our table. Expressos were cold and we noticed the table next to us being served promptly after, when we had been blatantly ignored by the waiter before. Overall, I was quite dismayed with the lack of hospitality at the bar and am certain I will be looking for other accomodations if I ever plan to stay in Montebello. Furthermore, I will make sure I share this unpleasant experience with colleagues, friends and family .... first impressions are crucial!!!

• Turkish first