This was the second time we stayed at this beautiful hotel with one of the most amazing views in this country. To celebrate our 55th wedding anniversary, we wanted to spoil ourselves and invited our children and grandchildren to join us. We had a family room on the 7th floor which supposedly sleeps 6. There were two double beds and a pull-out sofa. The problem was that once the sofa was pulled out, there was hardly enough room to walk past.
Unfortunately, the double bed my husband and I slept in were not at all comfortable, because of the dip in the middle of the bed. A queen-size bed with a firmer mattress would have been nice, but we did not want to complain and just enjoy being together.
The biggest surprise, however, was when we came back to our room after the first morning breakfast and saw what was on our beds. Knowing there were kids in our room, the chamber maid created two kissing swans with folded and twisted towels which she laid out on our bed. On the second bed was a doggy made of folded towels. It even had eyes made of paper cutouts, a collar and a ribbon on one of its ears. That was such a surprise that delighted the children and brought smiles to our faces.
I loved the small terry bath robes they had for our 9 and 7 year old grandchildren. They looked so cute in their fluffy bathrobes.
The heated outdoor pool with the waterfall was so much fun. We spent hours in that pool. I could hardly get the kids out of it. I loved the indoor saltwater pool in which I was able to swim laps without having anybody in the way.
All in all it was a memorable stay, it was so pleasant and relaxing. The environment was awe-inspiring and I must tip my hat to the hotel gardeners who managed to maintain this beautiful property and the beautiful flowers which were a joy to see. If only the family room had been a bit larger, and the bed more comfortable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Castle Resort perched on a cliff, 700 feet above the St. Lawrence River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu Hotel La Malbaie
- Fairmont Hotel La Malbaie
- Fairmont La Malbaie
- La Malbaie Fairmont
- Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu La Malbaie, Quebec, Canada