“Beautiful, modern, food poisoning” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Esterel Resort

You added Esterel Resort to your Saves list
Esterel Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Boulevard Fridolin-Simard, Esterel, Sainte-Marguerite-du-Lac-Masson, Quebec J0T 1E0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Esterel
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Beautiful, modern, food poisoning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Attended Estrel resort for a four day statistical genetics conference. Very beautifully renovated resort. Perhaps not the most tasteful modernist decor but interesting and asthetically pleasing. Good service and beautiful location. Gorgeous lake views and multiple hot tubs. Unfortunately me and a dozen of my colleagues sufferers from food poisioning on the second day. Multiple people left before mains were served to puke and retire to their rooms. I first talked to staff who told me it happened too fast for food poisoning and must be a virus but offered to get the manager. I stayed to let him know given that we were going to be there for another two days. He too told me it must be a virus because he ate the food but of the 20 tables, the one I was at and the one next beside ours had 50% of the people puke and the others feel ill. I told this to the manager and he didn't seem convinced. At this point I left the conversation feeling weak and lightheaded. I told him that I understand that these things happen and that I wasn't upset. It would have been nicer if I felt he took it a little more seriously and accepted some ownership around the issue however.

• Stayed April 2013
Esterel39, GM assistant at Esterel Resort, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Samuelnick,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are terribly sorry about your situation and hope that you will accept our sincere apologies.
Following the evening of your banquet and the complaint about your discomfort, the direction followed up with the Food & Beverage department (Chef, Restaurant director). We have the certitude that your food served on this banquet was not intoxicated since we have served the same salad and the same finger food to over 150 people at this banquet. We found your situation really unfortunate especially when your comment resumes a global satisfaction. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in order to regain your trust towards our food quality.
Maude Y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We went there as a family with 2 little boys. The staff was very nice and helpful, everyone we passed by greeted us.

The Nordic Baths are a nice touch, but the best feature was the private hot tub right off the sliding door!!!! It was amazing!

We tried a beach-front executive suite on the Evolution side and it was so roomy! We had a private room and bathroom and so did the boys. There was also a kitchen and an extra bed in the living room. All the rooms have been redone and look really nice.

The pillows and the bed were perfect and the gas fireplace puts a nice touch in the rooms.

The staff at both receptions were really helpful in getting us everything we needed, service was 5 star. Jessie checked us in and was there for most of our stay, booked the restaurant, etc. all was perfect!

Room Tip: The lake view is amazing and the private hot tub was fantastic!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Esterel39, GM assistant at Esterel Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Aude T,

We are truly pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall stay at our property and that the service from Jessie met your expectations.
We thank you for taking a moment to comment your recent stay at the Esterel Resort and hope to see you during your next visit.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went to Lesterel for a business stay and the hotel is breath takingly beautiful with a superb view of the lake. The room was spectacular and unbelievably clean.
Now the down side! Very noisy you can hear everything going on outside no noise insulation.
Mixed up staff waited 11/2 hours for them to come and bring us a coffee capsule because their instructions on how to use it in their binder was wrong. They wanted to charge us for the extra capsule and it took several calls before they brought the precious coffee capsule to us free of charge!
We called three times for shampoo and no one ever came to bring it to us we had to go out in the hallway and look for the house maid to get the shampoo!

We ordered breakfast in the room it arrived and we received the wrong food! They came back 1/2 hour later with the right order and it was delicious but the food was cold. We suspect they left some of the stuff from what they first brought us on the plate and just placed what we really had ordered.
Check out was 11 but due to all the nightmare morning we lived I called to ask for an extension due to their unacceptable service! They only gave us 1/2 hour extension from the check out time so we had to scurry to get out!!
Terrible terrible service it really dampens this beautiful hotel and all of its exceptional lake view.

Went to the bistro and ordered a cup of coffee, the girl gave me half a cup of coffee she would not fill up the cup even after I kept telling her to do so and she charged me $3 for 1/2 a cup of coffee!! I gave her a $5 bill and she short changed me so I told her to this effect and her answer was yes I know I short changed you I do not have change in my cash!! Well she could have told me this instead of just trying to steal from me?? What they hey?? I did not tip her I just left shaking my head!

Room Tip: Make sure they give you a room in the new wing and facing the lake? Do not order any room service!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Nadia T,
We are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay and for all the inconveniences that it may have caused you. We strive to offer the best possible service to our guests, and the feedback you provided during your stay enabled us to make positive changes towards our goal.
Thank you for sharing your experience and we deeply hope that you will give us another chance to impress you as the view, the room and the site have done.
Best regards,
Saint Colomban
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We checked in and when we went to our room we could not believe it. We wee on the second floor and the lake was only 10 feet from the hotel and it seemed like we were on a cruise ship. Every time you would look towards the windows all you saw was water. the room was beautiful with a separation of the living room and the sleeping area was a see through fireplace. There was a small full kitchen area where you could cook. Some of these are condos that are rented out. We went to the main dining room for a buffet breakffast that was awesome. In the evening we wnet and sat in the one of the outdoor Jacuzzi's that are set up that each one seems very private from the next and they are over looking the lake. We loved the place for a romantic one night getaway.

Room Tip: Only get lakefront !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are delighted knowing that our spectacular site has enchanted your romantic getaway. We would like to specify that we are a condo-hotel.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful review!
We look forward to your next visit!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband recently stayed at l'Esterel, we both loved the beautiful design of the hote.
The service was amazing, every staff member was extremely courteous and friendly,from the reception to the parking valets. I felt they went above and beyond to offer an excellent service.
The room was very comfortable and quite beautiful.
The only downfall of this hotel is the lack of access to food and snacks ! There is only 2 vending machines for the entire hotel and they are stocked with nothing but candy and potato chips.
The rooms have no snacks in the ''mini-bar'' and there is nowhere to purchase food on site despite the fact the room was equipped with a beaitufully well stocked kitchennette.
The ROK was delicious. And the wait staff was very friendly. a little pricey, but very nice.
Overall I'd reccommend it to friends and family members !

Room Tip: Lake view is a must !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Esterel39, GM Assistant at Esterel Resort, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear SeasonnedTraveller11,

Thank you for sharing your comments about the Esterel Resort. We are happy to hear that our staff was helpful and beyond your expectation. We have communicated your beautiful comments to all of our staff members.
We are a little surprised about your review on the lack of access to food because our resort offers three different styles of restaurants, room service and vending machines for guests who crave some sugar snacks.
The village of Sainte-Marguerite-du-Lac-Masson is only a few minutes’ drive away where you can find accommodation stores, DVD rentals, gas station, drug store, etc.
We all wish to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again in the near future.
With kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Just spent 2 nights here with my husband after a stressful week of business travel. Gorgeous location, really lovely lake view room, comfy bed, cosy fireplace- all was terrific! I will very happily go back again.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear NDGMontrealtraveller,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an elaborate respond response regarding your recent stay at the Esterel Resort.
In the hope to see you again,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel is on the lake, beautiful views in any season! We were there last week, lake is frozen and plenty of winter activities are available for families eg cross country skiing, snow shoeing, snow mobiling. There are 2 outdoor hot tubs right next to the frozen lake! The suites have well equipped kitchenette, dining area, living area and comfortable king size bed. The two-sided fireplace is fabulous, creating a cozy romantic ambiance! The bathroom has a large soaker tub, separate shower (large enough for 2!) and robes are provided for use in room and spa. Excellent restaurants and good wine cellar on the property. We had a fantastic stay and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Esterel39, GM assistant at Esterel Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear,
We are glad you shared your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our facilities and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back!
Best regards,
Maude Y

Been to Esterel Resort? Share your experiences!