We stayed in the Appalachian Cottage and it was immaculate. The decoration was perfect for the setting. We used the fireplace constantly and it kept things warm but we also used the electric heat. The grounds are compact but weren’t crowded. We felt like we had the place to ourselves. We had twice daily maid service. They’d come in during breakfast and also during dinner to provide clean towels and turn down the bed. The setting is peaceful, beautiful and relaxing. The only downfall was dinner. Before arrival, we were really looking forward to the meals but we just felt they didn’t live up to what we expected and the service was terribly slow even though the dining room was only 1/4 to ½ full, this may be to allow for the maid service, but it seems to take forever for a meal. That said, service was very polite. For our last evening there, we requested sandwiches be brought to our cottage instead of dining in the main inn. We were charged an additional $40 on top of the $104 that is charged for dinner each night. We weren’t too thrilled with the extra charge, but were happy to dine at our own pace in our cottage. We walked into Ayer’s Cliff (about 1 mile each way) and there were a few restaurants and a market that had a great selection of food, wine, beer and liquor. We would love to stay at Ripplecove again if we could stay without having meals included. I’d recommend staying at Ripplecove because of the beauty of the setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Canada's finest resort hotels, this 5 Star rated property enjoys a pristine location on a private 12 acre lakeside peninsula complete with English gardens and 300 year old pines. Choose from 31 luxury rooms, suites and two cottages. Taste our award winning cuisine and wines at Le Riverain, dining at Ripplecove. Indulge yourself at Arboressence, spa at Ripplecove with our vast array of treatments. Enjoy on-site activities such as lounging on the beach, boating, playing tennis, swimming in our outdoor heated pool, biking and relaxing in our 4 season hot tub. Nearby antiquing, golf courses, skiing, shopping and summer theatre provide lots to see and do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ripplecove Lakefront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Ripplecove And Spa
- Auberge Ripplecove Hotel Ayer`s Cliff
- Ripplecove Lakefront Hotel Quebec, Canada