“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

11 Houston Road, Mayfield, Prince Edward Island C0A 1N0, Canada   |
New Brunswick, Canada
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family stayed here for a few days in July and we were very happy. Travelling with a 2 yr old, 7 yr old, my mother in law and my husband and I. We were very happy to be in the "country" and away from all the busyness. My kids kept great bedtimes and we also were close enough to enjoy all of the attractions. The pool was heated and wonderful, the playground was great, the surroundings were serene and the cottage was very clean. I would recommned this for any family travelling with small children who want to keep a schedule and have happy, rested kids each day!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Souris, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Clean and fully equipped cottages. Very reasonable price and onsite manager for help or questions. Good childrens playground and pool. Lots of restaurants and beach and other attractions in 5 to 10 minute drive.

• Stayed September 2013
Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was extremly impressed when me and my boyfriend arrived, the cottage was extremly clean, we were in the cottage that had another cottage attached to it, i was a little nervous about hearing the people next to us but we didnt even see them let alone hear them. the woman who runs the cottage is one of the nicest people i have ever delt with, they didnt have any bridge passes when we arrived so she just took the amount off the price of the cottage.It is so close to everything and its across from a little farm were i enjoyed seeing the horses each morning. In the process of leaving my boyfriend forgot a pair of his shoes and she called to let me know and she said she would hold on to them till NEXT YEAR if we decide to come back. Most definalty recomend and will be returning!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Andrews, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had the pleasure of spending a nice long weekend in PEI at the end of July with my family. We decided to rent a cottage rather than tent. Great decision. The Mayfield Cottages rented us a three bedroom cottage with 2 bathrooms. Very clean, well stocked with dishes, pots, etc. the staff was always accommodating and they even gave us entrance passes to the Provincial Park, and Anne of Green Gables house. They were great when we needed directions. They had an outdoor pool that was always nice to relax around. They were located just a small distance from Cavendish so it was easy to find and get around. If you have a chance to stay there you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Great place, one of the cleanest cabins I have been in, bathroom was very nice all new and very clean, friendly staff. Close to amenities and attractions. The pool was very clean and warm. The decks and barbeques were ok, the barbeque was old but certainly did the trick, the chairs that were out were unsafe, when I sat on them they almost collapsed and im not a heavy guy, other than that props to all and I will definitely be returning

• Stayed July 2013
Gambo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed with three other families and had an overall good experience. Only downfall was waiting for our bbqs the first night we got there...and that's because she was cleaning them out with a vacumn...the cabins were very clean. I was very impressed when Lorraine contacted me because she found two stuffed animals in our cabin. She used my Visa on file to send them in the mail to me...it took her awhile because she was unable to get to the post office but she sent me emails in between to let me know she hadn't forgotten just that she hadn't gotten the chance. Was disappointed with the fact that we were not permitted to have fires...our children look forward to campfires whenever we are on holidays..

Room Tip: Any of the two room cabins seemed fine...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

We came to PEI for vacation and booked this place after looking at several websites and price comparing. I usually go by tripadvisor reviews when booking so it was a risk since the last review was written in 2007 when I booked! We were happy with our choice, however. We saved money from staying directly in Cavendish, and happily escaped the busier area. It really is a very short drive. We staying in the one bedroom "luxury" cottage. It was very clean, but certainly not luxurious (nor were we expecting it to be, from the pictures). Lorraine was a wonderful host, very accomodating and pleasant. She took time to make sure we know what attractions were "worth it" and what was "junk." It was very convienent to have the kitchen-- but the coffee maker was too small in my opinion, usually had to make two pots for the two of us! The whole place had a really kitsch-y feel-- I mean that in a good way, captured some local charm! We also enjoyed our dinner at New Glascow Lobster Suppers. There is Wi-Fi but it was finicky. The pool is an above-ground with a deck, and very clean.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Mayfield Country Cottages? Share your experiences!