“Incredible location, fantastic experience and awesome staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort

You added Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort to your Saves list
Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   632 Route 350 | PO Box 164, Morell, Lakeside, Prince Edward Island C0A 1S0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakeside
Charlottetown, Canada
“Incredible location, fantastic experience and awesome staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Entering into the lobby for the first time took my breath away. The view, the stature of the building and the gloriously high ceilings were beautiful. We checked into our room with a beautiful balcony overlooking the golf course and the ocean. The room was clean and very spacious. We had dinner in the dining room. The service was the best we've ever had and the meal was delicious. I would recommend this as the number one resort on this Island.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This was the most disapointing way to start my honeymoon. We expected a five star resort and got a regular hotel. The one room cottage was very inviting until you saw the out of date uncomfortable couch we were to cuddle on while we sat in front of the fire, which we could only sit infront of for ten minutes at a time because its less than five feet away from you. While we were curled up on the small uncomfy couch, we listened to the lady in the cottage above us walk around and have a bath in her jacuzzi tub. We went for dinner in the main resort at David's. We were very excited, my husband is a chef and we love going out for a great meal. We should have realized when there was a four foot cutout of the chef greating us as we walked into the restaurant that food was not going to be what we were looking for. We had "panfried" crab cakes that were deep fried to the consitency of hockey pucks. Our mussels were over cooked and dried out thank god my husband fought for some melted butter. Then our main courses arrived a half an hour later, my husbands steak was over cooked and so was my pork, infact there was no moisture left in my pork thank goodness it was served with some sort of burnt maple reduction. So this morning we thought we try our luck at room service hoping that breakfast would be a better meal. It wasn't it was even worse than our evening meal. They arrived with wonderbread, hashbrowned that weren't on the menu and looked like they were deep fried yesterday and then again this morning and if that wasn't enough they deep fried our sausages. They were soooo disgusting all wrinkly and tasting of everything but a sausage while dripping with grease. The meals cost us close to $200 dollars and I have had better food in any diner I have been too, these meals weren't worth $5. Very disapointing. However it is a beautiful location.

• Stayed September 2013
jimgertridge, General Manager at Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
I have sent an email directly to you and hope you do contact me so we can discuss this further

Sydney, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

just back from three days at Crowbush, accommodations were great but the food was of very poor quality. It was over cooked over salted and slow. As an example we were in a rush to leave for a flight and at 5 pm the only menu available was a limited lounge menu, for speed we explained our situation all four of us just ordered their burgers. They took 45 minutes and were not fit to eat. Very disappointing for what is supposed to be one of PEI's better resorts.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We have struggled with our food quality for a few days, but I am confident we are over this hurdle.
I would welcome a call or email from you to help make up for disappointing you.
regards

jgertridge@roddhotelsandresorts.com
cell 902-218-5502
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed at this resort for 5 days. We had a two-bedroom cottage. Key points:

- Very quiet place. Its remote and if your looking to relax, its a good spot.
- No nightlife to speak of whatsoever.
- Onsite restaurant is incredibly expensive and not worth it. Go outside the resort to eat out.
- Great for families. Cute on-site little park and its safe for kids to run around.
- Beach is great. Its about a 10minute walk but the scenery is nice and the beach itself is clean and gorgeous. Many chairs onsite and not crowded at all.
- The cottages were fully equipped with utensils and all basic kitchen necessities including pots and pans and a dishwasher.

The one downside to the place is that its quite remote and about a half hour ride to Charlottetown so if food or supplies were needed, you had to go quite a distance. The resort did however offer a free service that allowed you to 'order' groceries and they would go get them for you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us a Rodd Crowbush

As our season is rapidly coming to close we are in the process of developing a complete Activity Program for next year, especially in the evenings and do hope you return to enjoy these.
Feel free to contact me directly should you wish to return

best regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love this resort. The cottages are quaint with every amenity, the golf course is beautiful. We originally came for three nights, but decided to stay two more. The beach is fantastic and the food at the hotel restaurant is the best seafood chowder and linguine I have ever had. Our server Lynn should be commended for her impeccable customer service and care for her customers. We came with a 13 year old and 8 year old who loved it as well. I couldn't imagine a better place to stay on pe let alone anywhere. Thanks Rodd Crowbush for an amazing summer family vacation.

• Stayed August 2013
jimgertridge, General Manager at Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments.
Our staff enjoy hearing that you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to you and your families return to Rodd Crowbush Beach and Golf Resort
sincerely
Edmundston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

If you want to relax in PEI this is the place to go we attend a wedding at the resort it was awesome. The golf course is a must try even if you never golf before just tried it. We rent a cottage to be specific #403 you can sleep 8 adults there is one bedroom with a king size bed one with two double bed and two adults can sleep on the couch.Service is great and the employee smile all the time.You can slipt the expenses in two if you are two couples or many friends.You have a BBQ outside you can used.The only things I didn't like it is hard to find there is no road signs no clear direction how to get there other then that everything is great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
jimgertridge, General Manager at Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments.
We will review our signage and work with the Province of PEI to help make it easier to find us.
Hope to see you back with us soon.
Best regards
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I could not believe how I was treated upon my arrival, the reception answered the phone three times while I was trying to check in (her address on the phone was "you are always welcome at Rodd Crowbush" huh??) I had to drag the luggage cart up a hill in the wind by myself (I am a female and was wearing a dress and heels) as I finally got in the door someone said "oh, do you need some help?" then when I was waiting and waiting for the "free" shuttle to the beach which is a 15 min walk away I finally went in to see if I was in the right place and was told that there was a wedding going on and the shuttles were not available....So, I guess you are only welcome if you are part of a wedding party or if you have yet to arrive. The rooms are a little shabby for a 5 star, chipped closet doors, dirty grout in the bathroom. The beach was great but you can't credit the resort for that, only mother nature. Our golf (prearranged) was not arranged properly.... all in all a big disappointment

Room Tip: try to get a bottom floor with a walk out or face the golf course/ocean