There were four of us, three adults and one twelve year old girl (with long red hair and a fascination with Anne of Green Gables).
We rented cottage number five for three nights.
What we loved:
1.The location and setting are fantastic. Beautifully situated facing a lake on one side and the ocean on another with extensive and exceptionally well maintained grounds, this is a the place for a truly relaxing PEI experience.
2.The food was of very high quality and ample. It is included in the rate.
3.The service was well informed and polite.
4.The cottage was well laid out and nicely furnished. The decor was charming.
5. The beds were firm and comfortable.
6. The linens/towels were of good quality.
7. The bike rentals were well maintained and the person handling the rentals was very professional and knowledgeable.
8. The gift shop had very nice selection and was staffed by a lovely person.
What we didn't like:
Frankly there wasn't much we didn't like. The only problems we noted at all were an inconsistency in leaving bath amenities and one with ordering meals. The meal included in the rate is an appetizer, a main and dessert. The servers suggested for those not interested in a particular course that one order two of another. We tried this three times, ordering two apps and no dessert and every single time they got it wrong.
It is expensive, but in my view it was well worth the cost. We loved Dalvay by the Sea!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalvay-By-The-Sea, a National Historic Site of Canada, is an elegant Queen Anne Revival home built in 1895 by a Scottish-American oil tycoon. A summer resort hotel since the 1930's, Dalvay By-The-Sea is located at the east end of Prince Edward Island's National Park on scenic Dalvay Beach. There are 25 guest rooms; all are largely furnished in period antiques and all rooms offer a four-piece private bath. Each of our rooms is singular and unique. In addition, there are eight three-bedroom cottages located adjacent to the inn, offering vistas of the ocean, Dalvay Lake and acres of manicured grounds. The inn currently operates from June 1st - mid October, offering both accommodations and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Dalvay by the Sea Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Dalvay By The Sea
- Dalvay By The Sea Hotel Prince Edward Island