“Cloggers Workshop” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Charlottetown

You added Howard Johnson Charlottetown to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Charlottetown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Trans Canada Highway | RR NBR 4 Trans Canada Hwy, Cornwall, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C0A 1H0, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cornwall
Prince Edward Island Canada
“Cloggers Workshop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Great place to stay---Held my clogging workshop here twice and it is so suited to our needs--Everything in one place!!!! All good vibes from all cloggers that attended workshop off island and on island.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lunenburg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

The property is 10 minutes out of Charlottetown on the Trans Canada Highway.Rooms are basic, clean, quiet and on two levels. Ours had a flat screen TV with a basic channel package. The bathroom was tiny but clean.
Breakfast was simple and did not offer any hot selections.
Front desk service was excellent.

I would recommend that management turn down the hot water thermostat as the bathroom water was dangerously hot, eg above recommended guidelines. They would save significantly on their operating bill if they follow this recommendation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
nova scotia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We had a terrible experience and would never recommend this location or go back. The city was shut down for 24 hours due to a blizzard and we were storm stayed. Had we known the restaurants were going to be shut down on location we would have stocked up on options before the blizzard. We had originally planned to stay one night but had to stay the extra night due to the hockey game being postponed a day and the bridge being closed. Check out was noon so I called from town the morning of the storm when we were grabbing breakfast to say we would need the extra night and we were not informed at that time of the restaurants closing at the hotel. They were nice enough to give us toast and fruit loops that night when we were starving though. Checkout day we were not permitted a late checkout even though most of the city was still shut down and we had no place to go. Not sure why an extra hour or two could not be accommodated since housekeeping wasn't yet on site due to the road conditions. We instead sat in a parking lot all afternoon waiting for the 7pm game. The lady on the front desk was not happy that she was storm stayed and had to stay the night so she wasn't focused on customer service. I will say, the gentleman on the desk the night we checked in was absolutely fantastic and we had thought our stay was going to be just as great. It was the lady who left us with a bad taste in our mouth. With so few guests in the building she had the choice to provide exceptional customer service or make her guests feel like an inconvenience and she chose the latter. I am shocked that we were not offered a discount or late checkout to make up for services we expected not being available.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Antoinette G, Manager at Howard Johnson Charlottetown, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Ms. Baker:

I am shocked to hear about your stay and the customer service that you received. The front desk clerk was informed by myself that if anyone who was stranded at the hotel and did not have breakfast, lunch or dinner to offer them the continental breakfast or the soup of the day and a sandwich. As I'm sure you can understand that since you were stranded at the hotel, my staff were stuck at home and could not make it in. I do appreciate you making this comment and please be rest assured that this will be looked into as well as why you could not have a later check out. I hope that this one incident will not deter you from staying with us in the future. We do strive to give the best service possible. On a positive note, your team won!
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I will be honest, when I first pulled in the parking lot I was a bit worried-it is an older building and I was concerned what I would find on the inside. However, the inside was much better. Room was clean and comfortable, large bathroom. Staff was very, very friendly. Breakfast was standard but I appreciated it since that seems to be something many places are doing away with. Can't complain about my stay. It is near place to eat and shop too.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Antoinette G, Manager at Howard Johnson Charlottetown, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Been to Howard Johnson Charlottetown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Charlottetown

Address: 100 Trans Canada Highway | RR NBR 4 Trans Canada Hwy, Cornwall, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C0A 1H0, Canada
Location: Canada > Prince Edward Island > Charlottetown > Cornwall
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cornwall
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Charlottetown 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Howard Johnson Charlottetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Charlottetown Howard Johnson
Howard Johnson Charlottetown Cornwall, Canada

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Charlottetown, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.