“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Cavendish
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Daily Ocean View Deck Specializing in Island Seafood, Steaks & Poultry Great Home Cooking & Baking Full Children's Menu Sunday Special - Best Roast Turkey Dinner on PEI Gluten Free Options Available
Brockville, Canada
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We usually stop here once every time we are in PEI.

We did again this year. We were in a it of a hurry & we looking for chowder for lunch. It took about 15 minutes to be served. We assumed it was something that would be all ready to go & we would be served right away. The potatoes were obviously freshly cooked & the chowder was well worth the wait.

The staff was welcoming & very friendly.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Management487, Manager at Chez Yvonne's, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our restaurant. Our chowders are cooked to order so they do take a bit of time to prepare, but are well worth the wait.

We are glad to hear that you make Chez Yvonne's a regular stop on your visit to PEI and we look forward to welcoming you again next season.

Charlottetown, Canada
“It was the worse meal EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My 7 clams (I don't usually count my food but my plate was so empty) were the worst clams I have ever eaten. Actually, my meal may have been the worst meal I have ever eaten. the clams were like eating rubber bands. And get this, when we paid for our meal the hostess asked if everything was ok and we told her the meal was terrible her response was 'I'm glad you enjoyed it'.

There are lots of great restaurants in the Cavendish area - DO NOT waste your money at Chez Yvonne's.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
We are so sorry to hear that you had a meal at our restaurant that you weren't satisfied with. Obviously, we would prefer that when the complaint is brought to the attention of your waitress that you receive a replacement meal that is more to your liking and that you leave satisfied. Our customers generally enjoy our fried clam dinner (which is battered, whole clams) and by the sounds of your message, you were served a child's portion which is smaller than the regular dinner. Whether this is what you ordered or a mistake was made on your order, I can't be sure.

And, we are sorry that when you called that the owners couldn't help resolve this issue to your liking. We strive to serve good meals and have satisfied guests. Most of our customers leave the restaurant satisfied and we have many repeat customers. If there is anything else we can do, please contact us.
Clarenville, Canada
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We enjoyed our meal at Chez Yvonne's. The prices are very reasonable and we thought the food was great. The place was busy but our food came quickly!

Visited June 2014
Management487, Manager at Chez Yvonne's, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
So glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you again!
Halifax, Canada
“Delicious Food, Fast Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My family and I dined at Chez Yvonne's during our vacation. We arrived and were seated promptly(given the choice between outside on the patio or inside). We opted for a booth and the young woman who seated us closed the shade as the sun was very bright. She also brought colouring pages and crayons for our children.We chose to sit inside as it was very warm outside. Our waitress arrived at our table and filled our water glasses as she took our drink orders. My son and husband orders burgers and fries(one order was poutined), onion rings and my daughter ordered the chicken chunk dinner while I chose the traditional clubhouse with fries and gravy. Our food arrived fast and was very good. Portion size was just right in my opinion. I did find that my gravy needed a little salt and my daughter didn't get her roll, but other than that it was great. I even ordered dessert to share; strawberry shortcake(which needed a little sugar) and the cookies n cream cake. Our meal came to just over $68 and we had a $75 dinner voucher, so I would say we made out pretty good. We had a great meal!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Management487, Manager at Chez Yvonne's, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
So glad that you enjoyed your experience at our restaurant. Your comments regarding the gravy and strawberries have been noted and we appreciate your input. We hope to see you again!
“Small portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The taste of the food was average, the portions were a bit too much on the small side for us. Prices are medium to high depending on what you order. Service was fast. Will try somewhere else next time.

Management487, Manager at Chez Yvonne's, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Sorry to hear that you thought the portion sizes of your meals were small. That's not a comment we get very often. I hope that you will give us another chance and dine with us again sometime.