“Put this place on the bucket list!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Cavendish
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy, Chowder, Family Fare
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Description: Opening Island Favorites was a dream come true for me, having over six years experience in the food service industry I noticed the most crucial standards have been declining. Quality of product and customer satisfaction is what Island Favorites strives for; I just knew that there had to be a better way. I opened Island Favorites in May, 2012 I am not a chef although I strive for excellence each and every day. The look on my customer's faces says it all even after indulging in just one bite! Join us at Island Favorites where we have a strong desire to make your Island seafood experience a memorable one. PEI's first and only restaurant to specialize in Lobster Rolls. We also offer the finest Lobster Chowder, PEI Loaded Baked Potatoes, Panini's, and a healthy variety of children's items. Hungry and heading to the beach? Let us provide you with a Family Beach Pack. Island Favorites takes pride in offering the freshest ingredients in a non- deep frying environment. Our mission is to raise the standards of service by always putting the customer first. Not one customer will leave Island Favorites without feeling 100% satisfied.
Whitchurch-Stouffville, Canada
“Put this place on the bucket list!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I ate at Sam's Chowder house in Half Moon Bay south of San Francisco earlier this year. They have a big banner hanging out front of the restaurant stating "the best lobster roll in America chosen by NBC's The Today Show". Well.....The Today Show needs to visit Island Favorites.

Nothing fancy inside, plastic chairs and tables seats 14 - the owner is making your food - one step above a food truck but....it is fantastic.

Had the chowder, grilled cheese and 3 different rolls with my wife and daughter. Wow!

Put it on the bucket list and enjoy.

Only thing missing was a cold beer to wash it down - no cocktails...

Visited August 2013
Danielle C, Owner at Island Favorites, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
I would like to thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write such a nice review! I am honored that you feel that we would be the "Best"! We strive everyday to make our customers happy and it is so rewarding to read a review just like yours!

We are looking forward to serving you again!

Thanks again,

Toronto
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Lobster was very good, but small. Can't imagine what the mini size is like. We went at 12:40 pm on a Tuesday -- and they were just starting to make the potato salad. They said it would be an hour. Only other option was a bag of chips, which is not food.

To their credit, they docked 10%, but it wasn't about the price. We left hungry. (And the cost got two rolls, with the discount, was $28. We cannot recommend it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hi there, I am sorry to read about your disappointment. I do remember the day you were in to visit us. We make our Potato Salad homemade, one batch at a time since we are a small restaurant and we want to ensure quality. We had a large group arrive and since all of our rolls come with our Potato Salad or Potato Chips it is unfortunate that sometimes we do sell out. It is a process that takes an hour to make our potato Salad, as we do not make huge quantities like some of our competitors. We did offer you the discount because it was our fault and we do not want anyone to be disappointed with their experience with us.

About our Lobster Roll being small, this is surprising to me because we have not really had any complaints, if anything we have had people comment about the large portions we give. All of our Rolls are measured out the exact same for each and every customer. We also have done our research and are in fact the lowest price in Cavendish for Lobster Rolls. We understand that although we would love to we just cannot make everyone happy.

We hope you will give us another shot and I am certain we will have some Potato Salad with your name on it!

Regards,
Moncton, Canada
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The restaurant was very clean and bright. The staff was very pleasant. The food was very very good. We were still hungry for more after our meal! The portions from the kids menu are very small, that was disappointing.
Overall, if you want a good full lobster roll, it's the place to go.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stop into Island Favorites! Thanks for taking the time to review, we appreciate and learn from the great ones and sometimes not so great ones!

We hope to your Delicious stop again in the future!

Maine
“Delicious lobster rolls & chowder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We ordered the Family Beach Special & it was expensive but an excellent deal. We got 4 lobster rolls, potato salad, chips & drinks. The Greenhorn roll comes with lobster, mayonnaise, dill & chives, the 1st Mate came without mayo & a side of melted butter ; the lobster was fresh, the bun was perfectly toasted. Their chowder is creamy & packed with seafood, the fresh lemonade was real lemonade & refreshingly tart.
As good as the food was, the service was even better! We would definitely return here on our next visit to Cavendish.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wow! Such a great review! I want to thank you so much for the great detail you have shared here on TripAdvisor! We appreciate it greatly!

We look forward to serving you again soon!

Kindest Regards,
Montreal, Canada
“TOP NOTCH lobster rolls!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My friend had raving reviews for Island Favorites, so I had to give it a try. SO glad I did - the lobster rolls were DELICIOUS!!!! I loved them so much that I had to go back the next day for another one before we were having lunch closer to Charlottetown. The bun (which was the right type of bun) was grilled perfectly with a bit of butter, the lobster filling was flavorful and included lots of lobster, and the owner was friendly and happy to serve his customers. He was also very attentive to washing his hands after handling my money (not something that everyone always remembers to do). Although a minute detail, it's big in my books. Some reviews for this place haven't boded so well for the decor, but I think it's actually a charming little place that fits right in with the location and ambiance. Wish I lived on PEI - lobster rolls from Island Favorites would be on my menu almost daily! Can't wait to go back for some more!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks you so much for writing a great review for Island Favorites! I am so happy to see that you were very happy with the quality that makes us stand out above the rest!
We look forward to serving you in the near future!