We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Kindred Spirits. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The room was maintained clean everyday and replenished with coffee, fresh towels and clean cups/utensils. We had a mini fridge and microwave in our room. We found this to be very practical as we like to pack a picnic for our beach days, so we were able to shop in the local grocery store every 2-3 days.
The beaches nearby go for miles and miles! Our favorite 15 minute drive to Brackley Beach was a highlight every time - the scenery, small bays and quaint homes brought us so much delight. The Inn gave us a national park pass which was included with our room ($50/week savings to us). The pass gave us an opportunity to explore many of the beautiful parks around Cavendish and the north-east coast.
If time allows, we recommend the 1 1/2 hour drive to Basin Head where you will find Singing Sands - the sand squeaks when you gently rub/walk on it! The drive from Kindred Spirits is picturesque and rewarding when you arrive to find white sands, a warm ocean to swim in and a little bridge where you can see the tide come or go.Many people jump into the rolling water from this bridge or from either side of it and enjoy being carried into the tide only to climb the ladders and do it all again. Walking the beaches and collecting sea shells, colorful rocks and on occasion a starfish or mussel shell is part of this wonderful experience in PEI.
The breakfasts at Kindred Spirits were delicious and on the occasion I couldn't eat what was served, the cook scrambled some eggs on my request. There is always fresh fruit (2 selections mostly), a choice of cereal, nuts and granola, yogurt and a buffet with juices of every kind! The grounds are pristine and the little splashes of color here and there offer the most amazing lilies, impatients, geraniums and roses. The trees offer shade and privacy as well as add to the charm of the Inn. We stayed in the gate house, room G for 14 days and will be so sad to leave it.
We will come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kindred Spirits is a four-star, family owned and operated country resort. Located beside Anne of Green Gables House, and only 800-m from the beach, we are in the heart of Cavendish. We offer such amenities as a heated-salt water pool, hot tub, games room, and fitness centre. With our quaint inn, beautiful gatehouse and well-appointed cottages, we have something to suit all needs. We would love to have you come and visit us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Kindred Spirits Country Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kindred Spirits Country Inn And Cottages
- Kindred Spirits Country Inn & Cottages Hotel Cavendish
- Country Inn Cavendish
- Cavendish Country Inn
- Kindred Spirits Country Inn & Cottages Cavendish, Prince Edward Island