Even if you plan ignore all the Anne of Green Gables stuff in Cavendish, as we did, this is a nice central location from which to explore the rest of the island, and a nice quiet retreat to come back to when the day is done. We were there 3 nights. The little extras are great, and the rooms, although snug with 4 people in them, are clean and comfortable. The owner knows the island well, and is very approachable and willing to share his knowledge as he sets out and cleans up around the ebb and flow of the breakfast crowd. He's also fine with people bringing in their own extra items to round out his breakfast offerings, and since the rooms have fridges, keeping a few items on hand isn't hard.
We bought cooked lobsters and brought them back to the hotel, warmed them up on the supplied BBQs, and ate our lobster dinner out on the picnic tables. It was as good, if not better - and substantially cheaper than the mass market lobster dinner barns, and the hotel & staff made it easy to do, a nice change from places with restaurants that don't want you bringing in your own food. I would stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Vista Hotel Cavendish
- Bay Vista Hotel
- Bay Vista Motel Cavendish, Prince Edward Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For more than 30 years our motel has been serving the Cavendish area. Our large property, convenient location and breath taking views have been attracting families and friends from all over the world. To ensure you have the most enjoyable stay we have recently renovated and installed new furnishing to keep our motel at top quality standards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bay Vista Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.