Here’s the story:
My Family was staying at Shaw’s while we attended my Brother in Law’s wedding. While my wife was getting ready for the event, she was trying to decide what pair of shoes to wear, and finally settled on the pair that best suited her outfit; the other pair was left at the foot of the bed. This was at about 3:30PM.
The next day, after housekeeping had cleaned our cottage, my wife noticed that her shoes didn’t appear to be in the bedroom. We searched the entire cottage, looking in places that the shoes couldn’t possibly even be ( in the linen closet for example ), but no shoes. I mentioned to the front desk as we were going to dinner that the shoes were missing; I suggested that perhaps they got tangled with the bed sheets that were taken to the laundry, and that they might turn up at housekeeping. After dinner, my family and I hosted the rest of our clan at our cottage, and while everyone was there we all looked again for the missing shoes. No luck. We even searched again the next day but to no avail.
While checking out, I asked again about the shoes and was told that they’d look into it and get back to me.
A week later there was no call, so I decided to contact Shaw’s. I was told that there was no sign of the shoes, and it was insinuated that we lost them ourselves. I politely explained that the shoes had never been worn, that the first time they were even out of their box was to be tried on for the wedding. They said, once again that they would get back to me.
Again no contact.
Eventually my wife wrote an email to Mr. Robbie Shaw explaining how disappointed she was that no body seemed to take our loss seriously, and his response was essentially to blame her for losing them herself and pretend that the situation did not happen.
Don’t EVER spend your money here. If they did this to us, they'll do it to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shaw's Hotel is a charming historic inn and cottages property with a large property and great location. It's adjacent to Brackley Beach --- one of PEI's best beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Shaw's Hotel and Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shaws Hotel Charlottetown
- Shaw's Hotel And Cottages Brackley Beach, Prince Edward Island, Canada