“Excellent atmosphere, food and service!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Toronto
1,479 helpful votes 1,479 helpful votes
“Excellent atmosphere, food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Above the usual run of the mill Chinese restaurant with excellent atmosphere, food and service, this place is a true gem with authentic Chinese cuisine and classic Chinese ambiance. To spite the upscale atmosphere the fantastic menu and attentive service the prices are very reasonable.

• Visited May 2013

Toronto
“Frequent guest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Great food complimented by ambiance to match. A large party of diners last night was well handled by the smiling and ever present waiting staff.
I highly recommend the Crispy Chicken Leaf which has a unique and tangy bite to it. The Newmarket location is probably a touch better over all, but also out of the way in the northern suburbs.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ontario, Canada
“Exceptional Service, Classical Chinese presentation, unequalled quality.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is not just Chinese food. This is where you take your most treasured guests to be spoiled by an extensive first class selection, traditional Chinese ambiance, and regal service. From the time you enter, until the evening is done, you will be catered to like royalty by no less than 8 different servers, chefs, bartenders to the owner herself to ensure the experience exceeds your utmost expectations. Clearly the finest Chinese food I have experienced from Shanghai to New York. You certainly get more than you pay for at Cynthia's.

Bill & Samia

• Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Highly recommended...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had a wonderful evening.
Very nice decor, very friendly staff, superb cuisine, great presentation of every dish.
Their Peking duck was a 10+
Looking forward to going back soon.

• Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
“You have to be kidding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I used to go here quite often.
The food is good but it's the most expensive Chinese restaurant.
They skimp on some food. If you order shrimp in lobster sauce and ask for extra sauce the container is still half empty (ok the container is half full). At $20 why skimp on sauce.
I ate in the restaurant which is done up very fancy. The service is terrible. The last time I went there I ordered wonton soup. Whick comes in the smallest bowl for $6. At the end of the meal when the bill came I noticed they charged me $7 for the soup. I called the waitress over and said it was $6 on the menu. She said it's an extra dollar for chicken won tons. I didn't even know that was an option and would have ordered pork anyways. Well all hell breaks loose. Another waiter comes over to the table and says I ordered it that way. I said i din't even know it was an option but just bring me back the bill and I'll pay it so I can get out of there. They sart talking about us right in front of our table. It always seems they are bugging you here. At pick up every time you pick up they tell you that you can save 10% with cash. You say you know but no thank you and they continue to puth. Guess who's pulling cash out of the business.

Overall the food is good. Many of the overpriced dishes are skimped on and they're in your face. They want to appear to be a classy restaurant but the service is awful (I know you're going to think I'm saying that because I'm still bitter over the won ton soup but I'm really not. The theraphy must have paid off).

Overall this is a bad experience which kills the good food.
I haven't gone back eat in or take out and my chinese food bill is half the price at another better retaurant in Thornhill.

• Visited May 2011