“No service” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #205 of 463 Restaurants in Vaughan
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Bistro, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dessert
Description: Dine at this Symposium Café Woodbridge (Vaughan) restaurant located in one of the busiest Power Centres in Canada. This high profile Symposium Café Restaurant location is conveniently located on the South West corner of Highway #400 and Highway #7 at the Colossus Centre and is open 7 days a week, early mornings and late nights for your restaurant dining pleasure. This Woodbridge Symposium Café Restaurant seats 90 indoors and over 100 seats in a scenic wraparound patio and is surrounded by triple A retailers such as Famous Players Theatres, Costco, Rona, Office Depot, Golf Town, HomeSense, and 45 other popular retailers in this destination 727,000 square foot Vaughan power shopping centre. Hope to see you soon at this Woodbridge Symposium Café Restaurant location! • Beautiful Restaurant Décor• Scenic Patio Bar• Fully Licensed• High Profile Power Centre• Great Shopping• Open Early Mornings• Open Late Nights
- Dining Available to ClosingRestaurant HoursSunday – Thursday 8am to 1amFriday & Saturday 8am to 2am
“No service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

We walked in to a bit of a madhouse. Waiters hanging out looking a tad confuses. Dirty tables everywhere or the alternative of no one having food at their tables ( or drinks)which isn't good. So after we sat so after a few minutes we left

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

port credit, mississauga
“i wish there were more of these!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

i've been to several different symposium restaurants and i'm a fan! they are one of the few places that are open late during the weekdays (1am i think) and you can sit in comfy chairs and sip a martini, great hot latte or other fancy coffee drink, or fruit freezies which are awesome. the food is pretty decent as well. good spinach dip! they also have good deals like 'date night' where 2 people eat for $40, cheap appetizer hours, and a martini night. yay for places open late night that aren't chinese food!!

oh yah...they have amazing waffles, my favourite is 'east meets west'

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, Canada
“Worst restaurant experience in years”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

We've been to Symposium before - even this Symposium - and have generally found it a comfortable place to sit to take the weight off our feet while shopping at the nearby outlet mall, and the food, while not wonderful, is usually better than average and the service attentive. Today, though, changed our minds.

To start with, our server took ten minutes to bring our drinks. In the meantime - and we noticed that she seemed to be responsible for only two tables - she was called to a table close to ours. The diners asked her for something, and very audibly she replied 'I'm not your server'. Nice. Very nice.

When our food came, my partner's order was wrong - breakfast potatoes instead of the fries he'd asked for, though it turned out he was fortunate. I had a burger and fries. The fries were the worst I've ever had, and that's saying something given the terrible experiences we've had at some fast-food outlets. They were dry, not at all crispy and if they'd been anywhere near a deep-fat fryer then I'm Mickey Mouse. The burger was okay, no more than that.

I wanted to let our server know that I was unhappy with my meal but - guess what - I never saw her. She grabbed my glass, refilled it and was gone again before I could say a word. She never asked, not once, if the meal was okay. I left most of my food on my plate; though it was obvious that I'd finished eating, she took my partner's plate and ignored mine, again disappearing before either of us had a chance to say anything.

Fed up waiting for our bill, we stood and put our coats on. She was waiting for us at the till and handed us the bill without even looking at us. My partner deliberately commented on the awful food and she had to have heard him, but she completely ignored his comment and looked away until I'd signed the credit-card slip. Not once did she ask if everything had been okay. This was quite the worst server I have ever had the misfortune to be assisted by - and I'm generally pretty forgiving of less-than-excellent service, because nobody's perfect.

Oh, and the okay burger? Five hours later, I had indigestion and could still taste it every time I belched.

Poor food? I could accept that I just ordered the wrong thing, especially when my partner's meal was fine. Poor service? All right, everyone has a bad day (and, I suppose, every restaurant makes a bad hiring decision once in a while). Both together can lose a restaurant customers.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great for Deserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

Great for Deserts

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“its soo nice in there and theres quite the selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2007

its soo nice in there
and theres quite the selection