“Nice rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto
“Nice rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Went to a party where the hotel was walking distance.
Staff was friendly. The room was great, all clean appliances and the kitchen looked new.
The room was nice and big I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed May 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Vaughan, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
JackpotJ,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Residence Inn Toronto. We appreciate your complimentary feedback on our comfortable accommodations and friendly staff. We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. Please plan to visit us again soon the next time you travel to Vaughan. Thank you again for writing.

Jamie Moody, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel had everything you needed. Very friendly staff, solid breakfast, nice indoor pool and spa. The location was average, just out to a semi-big road, however not far away from Canadas Wonderland.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Vaughan, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
allesoe,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Residence Inn. We appreciate your complimentary feedback on our hotel, friendly staff, and the value added amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. We hope you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Westmount, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Priceline is awesome. Let's just start there. If it weren't for Priceline, I would have been paying full-price for this and my previous stay while I was on business in the Toronto area or having to drive in from home and enduring hellish GTA traffic. Thanks to some careful (and at many times frustrating) negotiations using the "Name Your Own Price" tool on Priceline I was able to book a 3*** in the "Vaughan-North York" area for 67% off the published rate!

Upon arrival at the hotel I was immediately confused as to where I was supposed to go to check-in to the hotel. So, to try and find the lobby I drove around the parking lot, back out onto the street, through the back lot and back to the front again where there was a small sign saying "Guest Registration Parking" and a single door leading inside. Check-in was quick, and I was registered to a King Suite on the main floor. When I travel I like to be high above the ground to see the sights and avoid the potential of people on the ground floor having access to the room via windows. After running some errands, I returned to the front desk (without having gone to the room) and asked if there possibly was something on one of the upper floors. Luckily, I was afforded a King Suite on the second level overlooking Interchange Road (the front of the hotel).

The room itself was neat, as many have said it's like an apartment or condo. When you enter you see the kitchen which is fully furnished with oven, fridge, microwave, sink and everything you could ever need during your stay. Just beside the kitchen is a small table with seating for 2. The room also features a desk, L-shaped couch (that I believe becomes a pull-out couch), and a TV that swivels 360º to face either the sitting area or bed. The bed, a full King-size, was very comfortable. Beside the sleeping area was the open sink area with closet and past there was the bathroom and shower.

My stay was comfortable, but the issue I had with the hotel was noise. As many people have said in previous reviews, this hotel seems to have missed the boat on sound insulation - and it's evident everywhere. The first thing I noticed when I was heading to my room was that you could hear the TV's of occupied rooms as you walked down the hall. At one point it sounded like someone's door was open it was so loud and clear. The doors to the hotel rooms are heavy and slam loudly if you aren't careful. Lastly, the windows (all of which were closed) did nothing to muffle the traffic noise outside. Even still, I had a better sleep here than the Marriott Toronto Airport as there were no planes taking-off/landing.

Aside from the noise, my only other issue with my stay were the pillows. I noticed this at the other Marriott but these hotels seem to use the smallest pillows but many of them on the bed. Inconvenient, but not a deal breaker.

All in all, this property made for a pretty good stay. I feel kind of guilty taking up room space when I only needed the bed for the night, not the whole suite, but Priceline got me a great deal and as per their rules I had to accept. If you are looking for an extended stay property I think this one would suit most anyone's needs. However, there is also the Homewood Suites Vaughan just up the road that might also suit your needs.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the main roadway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Vaughan, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
austinwinters,
Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with us at the Residence Inn. We’re happy to have had you as our guest during your business travels. It’s great to know you enjoyed your stay in our spacious suites. I sincerely apologize for the noisy disturbances you encountered during your visit, and I’m happy to know you had a comfortable stay otherwise. We value your feedback as it allows us to hear directly from our guests and make improvements to provide a more satisfying experience. Thank you again for writing. We hope you’ll have another opportunity to visit us again soon.

Jamie Moody
Sudbury, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is the most equipped hotel room that we have ever been in... almost like a bachelor condo really. This is the way to go if wanting to cook your own foods as it is equipped with a kitchen and an oversized fridge. Room is spacious and fairly well decorated, and a pullout sofa. There is only one choice of a king sized bed (no double bed at all here!).... that is fairly comfortable... Pool and whirlpool are nice bonus to have! and breakfast is included with a sizeable range of choices...Free wifi and parking! Conveniently located on hwy 400 and hwy 7, as well as very close to lots of bars and restaurants like Boston Pizza. Would come here again if not wanting to be in the heart of toronto! Only problem is that the walls are thin and the door shuts noisily!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Vaughan, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
TravelBugsEB,
Thank you for your review on your experience with us at Residence Inn. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, the spacious rooms, comfortable beds and all our other amenities we offer. I apologize for any noise disturbances you may have encountered during your visit. We value you as our guest and hope that you'll visit us again. Thanks again.

Jamie Moody , General Manager
Lockport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The property and room was very exceptional. Clean and nothing out of place. The pool and spa were maintained and clean as well. Customer service was top notch; even the pool maintenance man thanked me for my stay. One suggestion is that they change the coffee, it was horrible.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Vaughan, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Sueddaht,
It’s great to hear from you! Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Residence Inn. I’m delighted to hear that our hotel, guest rooms and service exceeded your expectations. I appreciate your feedback and apologize for your disappointment with the coffee. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Ellicottville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Brought my daughter here to go to Canada's Wonderland and this hotel was in a great location. Lots of good dining options nearby and a few minutes from the Park. Breakfast here was great, and the pool was terrific with a nice, working hot tub. Would certainly stay here again - the staff was excellent and made my daughter feel like a Princess. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Vaughan, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Broctoon,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Residence Inn Toronto Vaughan. We're delighted to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your visit with us. I'm pleased to hear that you liked our hotel, breakfast, and great staff. I hope you had a terrific time at Canada's Wonderland! We enjoyed your company and hope you'll plan to visit us again. Thanks again.
Anita Shu, General Manager
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

As the title says, this is my hotel of choice when I'm in Vaughan on business. I've stayed here twice now, once for a week and another stay for 2 weeks. The room I got was incredible, I got a full king suite with desk, couch, full kitchen. and spacious! They have one of the best free breakfasts I've ever had, hot breakfast with eggs, bacon, etc. Their staff was very friendly and met every need I had while staying there.
Honestly the Garden Inn next door is over priced for what it has, I rather book here any day. Close to the 400 so getting to and from the airport isn't too big of a hassle. And it is in a great location with a variety of restaurants within walking distance, with also a lot of shops just across the 400.

Room Tip: I had a king corner suite, high floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Vaughan, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Netless,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you stayed with us at Residence Inn. It's nice to hear that you liked our clean, spacious suites. I'm glad you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast as well as our tremendous staff. I hope you were able to take some personal time and enjoy the surrounding shops and restaurants too. Please keep us as your choice hotel when traveling to Vaughan. We enjoy your company and hope to see you again soon.
Anita Shu

Been to Residence Inn Toronto Vaughan? Share your experiences!