“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I switched to this hotel from one near the airport and it was a good switch. Initial issue of not having a non smoking room was sorted when they put me in a larger room.

The room was very nice and was clean and tidy

The breakfast needs a little work. The way its done was not really clear and the selection was not the best available

I left my wallet in the room after checking out and they were great and got it put away for me straight away.

Great place to stay for business and i will most definitely return when I'm back in the area

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HGIVaughan024, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
RJohnMurray,
Thank you for your review and sharing your experience via Trip Advisor. Our housekeeping department strives in maintaining high standards of cleaniness and takes full responsibility to ensure any items left behind by our guests is returned and/or in our lost and found department for our guests to retrieve. Your comment on our breakfast menu will be something I will address with our Chef. We appreciate your comments and we look forward to your next return.
Domenic Tucci

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Glassboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I got to the Vaughn Hilton at least 6 times a year. From when I walk in at the front desk to breakfast in the morning and from management. They all no me by my first name. DOMINIC, Connie and Myrium r great people. The food is always great and so is the service with the hotel..

• Stayed March 2013
HGIVaughan024, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Brunello77,
Thank you for your review and ongoing business. We strive in making all our guests feel welcome and comfortable from arrival until check out. Our kitchen brigade works diligently to provide good food and excellent service. Thank you for your kind words regarding Connie and Myrium, I will ensure to pass on your comments to each and every member of our team.
Looking forward to your next visit.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

The service staff in the diningroom were very polite, but my gf and I didn't care for how we were treated when we arrived for our complimentary breakfast. We were told the day before during check in that the complimentary breakfast was between 7am and 12pm. When we arrived at 10:55am the dining staff politely turned us away. They informed us that breakfast was between 7am and 11am. The manager overheard this, and made no apologies. Instead he questioned the front desk clerk, to make sure she knew when breakfast was. She whispered to him "between 7 and 11". He looked at us and said "ya", as he was entering his office. When we approached the front desk and explained to that same clerk that we were told breakfast was between 7-12 the previous day on check in, she said "ya it wasn't me who told you that I've been off for a week". She made no apologies, handed us our check out papers. She said nothing more. I had to ask her what the paper was, and if she needed anything from me and she said "no that's it". The point is, this hotel lacks manners, and surely doesn't value a welcoming atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2013
HGIVaughan024, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. We sincerely apologiize for the miscommunication on our breakfast hours and the poor service you received as a result. We strive to make every guest feel valued and appreciated and we regret this was not your experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again so we might have the chance to show you the quality hospitality and amenties or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact our offices directly.
Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just spent 4 nights here while preparing and attending the TEMA CONTER MEMORIAL TRUST GALA. Staff went out of their way to be helpful, rooms clean, service fabulous! Looking forward to next years stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Gilayr, Thank you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel. Our hotel enjoyed hosting your Tema Conter Memorial Trust Gala. Thank you for your kind words I will ensure to pass on your comments to all our staff. We look forward to hosting your event next year. Domenic Tucci, General Manager
Powassan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member, which means I spend a lot of time in Hilton brand hotels. Those trips are typically on business and I find that in general you tend to find improved service as a business traveler at most establishments.

This review however I was traveling as part of a hockey team. My perception is that hotels tend to dread hockey teams and it is reflected in the attitudes of the Staff from check in to check out. I am happy to report that the Hilton Garden Inn Vaughan made us me feel very welcome from the moment we arrived. Check in was efficient and pleasant. At first I was assuming because of my Diamond status I was not getting the typical hockey team treatment but thru out the entire weekend every staff member we came across were fantastic.

The kids loved the pool and the fantastic waterslide although I would suggest looking at decreasing the amount of chemicals used in the pool as a few of our kids had skin reactions in the pool water. The breakfast at the restaurant was fantastic and the servers exceptional.

The rooms were very clean and well appointed. I was a little surprised to still see an old CRT TV as opposed to a LCD but not a big deal.

The only potential issue was dealt with extremely professionally and the hotel went above and beyond to accommodate. As typical with any team the kids do not want to be cooped up in the small rooms after a day of games and tend to congregate in the hall to hang out with each other and the parents tend to do the same. At times, the kids can get noisy and disturb other guests who feel that even at 8:00pm at night the kids should be a sleep. On our last night at the hotel after the kids had been eliminated from the tournament, they were in the hall socializing when the front desk fielded a complaint. The hotel sent the manager up to speak to us regarding the noise complaint and handled it very well and found an alternate location for the kids to hang out and have fun so that all parties would be happy.

So few Hotels seem to deal with teams well and I am happy to say that we are very grateful to the HGI for the fantastic service they provided to our team. We will all be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HGIVaughan024, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
rdwarrior1975
Thank you for your review. The HGI Vaughan strives on exceeding guest expectations to each and every guest. As you stated not only Hilton Honours Diamond members. Our hotel welcomes sports groups throughout the year and we recognize that this sports association market is very important to our business. Our 2 storey waterslide is always a big hit with the sports teams. Thank you for letting us know about the chemicals in the pool, I will have my maintenance department follow up on this immediately. I wil pass on your positive comments to the kitchen staff as well as the restaurant team, it was our pleasure to coordinate a hospitality room for your entire hockey team.

Looking forward to your next visit back to Vaughan.
Fernie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a nearby family wedding and were happy with the hotel and service. The restaurant has a nice breakfast buffet each morning with omelets made to order. Staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and spacious.

Room Tip: ask for a room with flat screen tv. there are still some rooms with smaller old tvs
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
383 Cathy.
Thank you for your review our team works very hard to keep the property clean and we try to exceed guests expectations. Our chefs work towards being creative and innovative. Our friendly and courteous staff members look foward tin seeing you on your next trip back to Vaughan.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The Hilton is a good place to stay in. The room is clean, the service is good. There are a lot alternations at the b'fast. If you get back late from a customer, there is a restaurant in the hotel, open till 11pm so you not running out of food. Sure, you can use the car get to a place but it's nothing else close by in walking distance... I like the place and will be back here again if I have to go to this customer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HGIVaughan024, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
andreas_schuck,
Thank you for your review. Our housekeeping team thrives for perfection in cleanliness and the entire hotel team tries to exceed guest expectations. Our Chef enjoys offering a wide selection of breakfast items recognizing that this is a very important meal period. Starting your day with a healthy breakfast. Our restaurant is open 7 days a week and yes until 11pm. We look forward to seeing you back soon.
Domenic Tucci

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan? Share your experiences!