“A gem in a busy plaza” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Canada
“A gem in a busy plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Must do! I found this little gem one night in a busy plaza. I just finished a late meeting and was hungry. As I travel a lot, I'm always on the look out for a new restaurant. I was driving through the parking lot and their sign caught my eye. I parked and decided to give it a try. I was greeted by a lovely lady with a big smile, and welcomed me right away, to a table. I got a nice bottle of tap water, and ordered "From The Grill" Halibut & rice. I sat and enjoyed the quaint atmosphere. My food came quickly. The quality and portion was excellent. My very attentive server brought me the bill. The price was more than fair. Just as I thought all was really good, after she brought me the bill, I was offered a complimentary Cappuccino! I accepted. The owner came over and asked if all was well, thanked me for coming. Now that's service!
I will eat here again and I highly suggest you give them a try.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Eh...not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am surprised at the number of raves about this place. I've been in 3 times and while the food is good...it is far from great.
There are not many great fish and chips place in Vaughan..don't know why..they seem to open and close fairly quickly. This place may have the advantage of being so close to Vaughan Mills.
Anyways, I usually order the Halibut as I prefer that cut of fish to Haddock. Being as such, it is a bit more expensive but worth it. The fries are fresh cut but the coleslaw is not my cup of tea. They claim their tartar sauce is homemade but I've never tried it.
As I said earlier, I don't hate the place....don't love it either. When our group thinks of fish and chips, we usually go elsewhere.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Great food, great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Have recommended this restaurant to many, and everyone agrees that this is the best fish and chips around. The food is fresh, the staff are very friendly, the restaurant is clean and the atmosphere is very pleasant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“BEST ONE IN THE AREA!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I was recommended from a friend to try this fish and chips place. I was glad I did. Has to be the best fish and chips I have eaten in a long time. Place was clean, good atmosphere and staff were very nice. I am also glad that they opened this place near where I live.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great fish&chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

There are very few decent fish&chips restaurants in the area and was glad to see this one pop up near Vaughan Mills. The staff is very friendly and the quality of fish is top notch.

• Visited December 2012