“Who knew a Vaughan strip mall could offer decent Mexican fare??!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto
“Who knew a Vaughan strip mall could offer decent Mexican fare??!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My family and I were caught in horrible Sunday afternoon traffic on the Hwy 400 Southbound and were starving! Still a ways away from our exit to the 401, we just couldn't take it anymore. We HAD to get off the highway and find food, FAST! Dead set against eating fast food or a drive-thru, we stumbled upon La Taquizza and decided to give it a try. A remarkably plain little place in a typical blah Vaughan strip mall. Normally, we would not give it a second glance. But something told us to give it a try. And, boy are we ever glad we did! A very warm and friendly place with a simple and tasty menu. The different salsas at the salsa bar is a cute gimmick that is fun for everyone in the family (as we all have different tastes and heat limitations). The menu items are nothing unique but everything seemed fresh and very tasty. The place was a nice mix of families having Sunday dinner and couples out for a date. It gave off a nice "neighbourhoody" feel which is tough to do in a crowded strip mall overlooking a major highway. It was raining when we were there but their outdoor patio is a nice option for nicer weather.

Great place for kids, families or anyone looking for decent Mexican food in the North end. If you are tired of chain restaurants, fast food or Italian fare, try La Taquizza for a nice change of pace. You will not be sorry.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Yonkers, New York
“Authentic?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have had authentic mexican food many times and this does not qualify. Food was extremely salty and ruined the taste of dishes. Salsa bar was a nice touch

Visited December 2012
London, Ontario
“Authentic Mexican food at reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I visited this small family-owned restaurant while on a business trip. It is located in the Vaughan shopping mall so is a little difficult to locate but it is worth visiting if you like Mexican food. The food choices are more varied than at most Mexican restaurants I have visited. Service is very efficient and friendly, the decor is bright and cheerful with lots of natural light making this a very pleasant dining experience

Visited September 2012
Toronto
“Finally a great Mexican restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

There are so many mediocre Mexican restaurants out there, I was pleasantly surprised by this gem. The Salsa bar is a nice touch. Great food!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Authentic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I have eaten here several times and we are always really thrilled with the quality of the food here. My mother is Mexican and I can tell when a place has authentic food and this place has it! I usually order the chicken flautas or the chicken tostadas and they taste just like when I'm in Mexico. The ingredients are always super fresh. The portions are not huge, however Mexican food is quite filling so it's perfect. The chorizo quesadillas are also one of my favourites. I highly recommend this place!

• Visited June 2012