“Modern and comfortable stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Vaughan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Montreal, Canada
“Modern and comfortable stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

For the second year in a row we have stayed at the Aloft. My girls even requested that we stay here again! We reserved a 2 queen bed room which is perfect for us! It is so close to everything like Canada's Wonderland (my office party was there), the huge mall across the street and the many places to eat around there! The rooms are big, the beds are comfortable and they are nicely decorated. The hotel is very quiet as you don't hear any noise from outside and the only time you hear something outside your room is when someone shuts their door too hard! We will definitely be back next year!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GM_Matthew_Rattray, General Manager at Aloft Vaughan Mills, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear achristinap

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are so happy to hear that you returned to stay at the Aloft Vaughan Mills. I am glad that you and your girls enjoyed their stay. We will definitely be looking out for you in 2015.

Matthew Rattray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Myself and my girlfriend recently stayed here on a trip to Toronto to go to Canada's Wonderland. It is perfectly situated if going to Canada's Wonderland is the main purpose of your trip, and there are lots of things around the hotel including restaurants and the Vaughan Mills outlet mall; however, you will most likely need to drive anywhere that you want to go, as it's not really in a walking friendly location.

The room we had was very clean, and the hotel itself is relatively new and in very good condition. It has a small pool, as well as a fitness room and small lounge area.

The biggest complaint that I have is that the hotel does not have an actual restaurant. Instead, it has a snack bar that is open 24 hours and offers pre-made sandwiches, drinks, etc., and in the morning there is a small breakfast buffet consisting of several hot items such as bacon, sausage, eggs and a make-your-own burrito bar.

This was a huge inconvenience for us as in the evening that we returned from Canada's Wonderland, we were extremely tired after having walked around the park all day, and we just wanted a decent meal without having to go far. We were so tired that we decided to just pick up a sandwich from the on-site snack bar. Unfortunately, the selection of sandwiches was limited to egg sandwiches (this was around 7pm in the evening), which we were not interested in, so we were forced to drive to a nearby restaurant in order to get a meal.

As for the breakfast buffet, we tried it one morning and although the food wasn't bad, I thought that the $12 per person price tag was a bit steep for what was offered.

Restaurant, or lack thereof, aside, if you're in need of a place to stay in Vaughan, and you don't mind leaving the hotel for a meal, I would recommend this place as a clean, quiet hotel in which to stay at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark N

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I am glad to hear that your overall experience with us was Good. I am sorry that we do not have a Full Service Restaurant. As a Select Service property, we do not have a Restaurant which is also partly due to the location of the hotel. With us being surrounded by so many restaurants, a restaurant was not included in the design for the property. We do however offer some great snacks from Pizza to Wings to Cheese Cakes and muffins, and much more at the bar long with the 24/7 Grab and Go outlet in the Lobby which we are always adding too.

I will definitely share your feedback with the design team to keep in mind for future developments.

sudbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Just got back from two nights at this hotel . Close proximity to Wonderland was the selling feature.
The hotel is very modern, with a very European feel. Upon checkin, they did not have the double queen we booked, but were accomodated with two King room instead. That worked fine for us. Bravo. The lounge was quite nice as well.
My son forgot his wallet in the safe. We called the hotel and spoke to Stephanie who will be purolating it up. I was willing pay the charge, but the hotel is going to do it, no charge, even though it was our fault. Special thank you to Stephanie. We will be returning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear greg066

Thank you so much for your feedback. I was sure to pass on your comments to the team, and Stephanie. I am glad we were able to take good care of you and that we were able to return you son's wallet to him....there is nothing worse than forgetting something so valuable and I can absolutely empathize with his situation. I am also happy that the bedding situation was taken care of so that your family could be comfortably accommodated as well.

We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Vaughan,

Cornelius, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Good access off freeway and close to shopping mall and amusement park. Very efficient check check-in, VERY large rooms with incredibly comfortable beds, sparkling clean rooms and QUIET - very little outside noise thanks to insulated windows. Happy to return when possible.

Room Tip: Rooms facing teh mall seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GM_Matthew_Rattray, General Manager at Aloft Vaughan Mills, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Steven J

Thank you so much for your review! I am happy to hear that your found your loft comfy, clean and quiet. You can't really beat the location when visiting Vaughan Mills, Canada's Wonderland or LEGOLAND. We are the closest hotel to all three.

We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Vaughan,

Kind Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Myself and my girlfriend went there for her birthday gift (weekend getaway). Everything was beyond standard in a very positive way, and staff was excellent. Minor problem upon check-in, and handprints in the shower either from housekeeping or guests prior to us, but other than that, great stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to ANYONE, because you'll be satisfied. Will be definitely returning!

Room Tip: maybe rooms farther down from the elevators because the rooms are not completely soundproof, so you...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_Matthew_Rattray, General Manager at Aloft Vaughan Mills, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Lyle D,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Aloft Vaughan Mills. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate you recommending our property. We will defiantly look forward to having you stay with us again in the future,

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I visit Toronto for business about every other month - normally staying at the same two places. For some reason this trip EVERY hotel was booked except for the very cheap or very expensive. I happened upon the aloft several pages into my search results on the corporate travel site. Although it was far from my work location it seemed like an ok middle price option. I was really surprised with how large and well appointed my room was. It was extremely clean and easily passed my 'would I walk barefoot on this carpet?' test. I stayed two very comfortable nights and was happy to spend one just hanging out watching movies in the room. There were a lot of nice little touches - extra pillows, tea, a few magazines you might actually want to read, a mini fridge. I loved the room design, the awesome shower and the bliss toiletries.
The hotel was also within sight and walking distance of a giant outlet mall. Bonus!
The only drawback for me was the location. It was a little far from where I needed to be each day - and driving in the Toronto traffic jam is not my favorite. Despite this - I think the aloft will definitely join my usual rotation - and will probably keep me from staying at the Germaine again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear loulaa

Thank you for your review, and the wonderful feedback you gave us. I am sorry that we are a little far from your desired location, but I am happy to hear that we were able to take great care of you and that you had a great experience up here at the Aloft Vaughan Mills. I completely understand the traffic to downtown however, I'd be more than happy to share some great tips on directions and minimizing commute time should you visit us again in the future.

Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Have stayed here frequently and will continue to do so. Different kind of room layout, but checks all the boxes -- clean, very comfortable bed, great shower, reliable WiFi, friendly service and convenient location.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Jens H

Thank you for your feedback! I am so glad we checked all your boxes! We hope you will look us up again next time you are looking for accommodation in Vaughan.

Matthew Rattray

Been to Aloft Vaughan Mills? Share your experiences!