“Delicious steaks and close to Canada's Wonderland” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-lac, Canada
“Delicious steaks and close to Canada's Wonderland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were a party of 4 adults and 2 young children looking for a good restaurant close to Canada's Wonderland. We were very happy with the welcoming staff, the delicious food, and the warm ambiance. We all ordered different combinations of steak and lobster, and were pleasantly surprised with the quality of food and the tender steaks. Our waiter Matt C, was very attentive and helped to make our visit a memorable occasion. We shall definitely visit the 'The Keg again soon..

• Visited July 2014

Brampton, Canada
“Always good but prices have gone up!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The keg is a nice place to eat. The prices have gone up $5.00 to $8.00 for an entree. Portion sizes are smaller. Guess that's o.k. you don't want to be overly stuffed. The service was good. The food came at just the right time. The total price was $132.67, a bit much for an 1 appetizer, 3 adult meals & 1 kids meal, 2 soda drinks, 1 adult drink. My family can't go every month but on special occasions is fine.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Bloomfield
“The girls at the bar and the bar manager are awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I frequent this place a lot and always sit at the bar. The bar staff takes very good care of me. Attentive, fast service, and good conversation make the dining experience worthwhile. Still a bit pricey to be eating at the Keg but at the end of the day the issue is Canada- wide so it is not a Keg specific issue.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I'm writing this review mostly because I was looking back at my reviews and realized that I had been very critical of a Keg Location and I wanted to be fair to Keg restaurants generally.

We visited the Vaughan location of Keg Steakhouses as a kind of mid-winter pick-me-up and we really enjoyed our visit. Aside from the Keg Mansion, this location is really one of their premium sites in terms of service and food. There are a surprising number of people who remark to me, 'but it's just The Keg' and I really find that a disappointing attitude; The Keg is 'just the The Keg' in the same way that someone could look at a sunset and say 'It's just the sun' - yeah, its around almost where ever you go, and yes, it usually quite the same; but that doesn't make it any less appealing or special if you're in the moment with it.

The Keg in Vaughan has a well trained staff who are both helpful and friendly - there is no pressure to order the specials or upgrade with desserts or finish your meal quickly or any of the other tricks that poor waitstaff will do to up their tip count. The staff was very pleasant and calm and took their time with us, while still maintaining an urgency to retrieve our food and drink orders. We really felt relaxed and satisfied with the service.

The food was good too; better than I would normally expect from the Keg - the appetizers we ordered (which I'm sure arrive at each location in some easy-to-serve-state) were brite and clean, they were seasoned well (usually chain appetizers are bland to accommodate all palettes) and had fresh garnishes and seemed to contain and aged cheese - which could be a location choice or a change in recipe for the chain.

We ordered the Prime Rib, as we are want to do, and found that the cut of meat was excellent and it was carved well - my wife receiving a thick piece that was uniformly medium-rare while my own had perfectly rare center. If I really wanted to get critiquey I could say a bunch of stuff that you hear on food network shows but lets be honest; it was a superior piece of meat to anything I could get at 80% of the local eateries, including anything I could make - it was delicious! The sides were excellent, I mean they aren't ground breaking - but I had the garlic mash and my wife had a twice baked potato and we were both had no complaints. Over all the meal was great.

One thing I would like to say about The Keg, as a general comment, is that they have a decent bar for a chain dinner restaurant. Where most places try to get you to order their special, super colourful, interesting cocktails; the Keg has drinks, like their dinners, that are classics - and they do them well. I tried both an Old Fashioned and a Keg Ceasar and found them both to be really well made - if I was in the mood to just get some drinks before a movie, maybe a light appetizer, I would definitely consider this location's front bar to do so.

Overall, excellent experience!

• Visited March 2014
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Amazing Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was the second time that we've been to this Keg. This time for my birthday. Right from the get go everything was awesome. We got a great table for 2. We went for an early dinner around 5:30 so getting a table was no problem. The waitress (Alex) was amazing. She knew the menu and provided super service. The food was exceptional. We had the calamari app which was done perfectly. My husband had prime rib which in his words was the best that he'd ever had. I had the chicken Oscar. I've never had chicken breast so tender. As it was my birthday I received this very generous piece of ice cream cake which was to die for. Total value for your money. Amazing dinner would go back in a heart beat.

• Visited April 2014