“Not Disney but the best in Canada” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland
9580 Jane St., Vaughan, Ontario L6A 1S6, Canada (Formerly Paramount Canada's Wonderland)
+1 905-832-7000
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 8 Attractions in Vaughan
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Canada's Wonderland is home to the most exhilarating collection of rides, roller coasters and water park fun in all of Canada. Located just North of Toronto, the park features 69 exciting rides including Leviathan - Canada's tallest and fastest rollercoaster. New for 2014, experience Wonder Mountain's Guardian - an interactive 4D dark ride. Kids can unearth fossils inside Dinosaurs Alive! - A seven acre animatronic dinosaur park featuring over 40 life-sized dinosaurs. Starlight Spectacular, a multidimensional light and sound experience will amaze guests nightly throughout the summer. On weekends in October, celebrate Halloween fun with Camp Spooky and Halloween Haunt. For more information or to purchase tickets for as low as $39.99, plus HST, please visit our website.
Toronto, Canada
18 attraction reviews
“Not Disney but the best in Canada”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We have been coming to Canada's Wonderland every year for more than 20 years. It's getting better. Behemoth is one of the best rollercoasters out there according to my kids and husband. I don't do rides so I'm basing much of this review on their opinions. They also love Sledge Hammer, The Bat, Drop Tower, Rip Tide, Shock Wave. Windseeker isn't a "thrill ride" according to them.

We finally got seasons passes this year for the first time and have used them to our advantage. This way we don't feel like we have to open and close the park but can come and spend 4 or 5 hours and leave.

The food is the downfall of the park. You can't bring in your own food (they check and will actually remove anything but water). The prices are outrages - more than Disney and just horrible. Don't even go near the buffet restaurant there. Should be closed by the health department. No exaggeration.

Hint: If you have "allergies" or "special religious dietary restrictions" they cannot take your food. Nudge, nudge. The beauty of Canada.

All in all we will probably get season's passes for next year too. Just remember to bring your own food and eat outside the park. There are a few picnic tables and lots of grass to spread out.

Visited September 2011

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
93 attraction reviews
“Great Theme Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I have been coming to Canada's Wonderland for 25 years now. I have been almost every year for those 25 years, first as a teen, then in my 20's and 30's and now with my kids. We have bought the season's passes for the family every year for the last 4 or 5 years and have never regretted it. If you go more than twice it worth it and there was only one year when we went only 4 times, the other years were closer to a dozen. Having the pass and parking means just going for a half day to go to Splashworks or just going in the evening for a few rides with shorter lines. The park gets busy at times but there is always something to do. The Behemoth is the best roller coaster I have ever been on and I have been to many major theme parks all over North America. The food at Wonderland is OK but expensive but some favorites include the Tiny Donuts and Funnel Cakes. We will keep coming back year after year until the kids or we outgrow it.

London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“A fantastic day out for thrill seekers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

This was my third visit to Wonderland. The first was in the early 80's when it was quite new and I was too small to go on anything really, but the second time I went with two friends and we had a great time. So when my British boyfriend and I visited Canada we made Wonderland a must-do on our list.

Though a bit pricey to get in, it's on par with most other theme parks and offers a lot more than others. Behemoth must be done - probably the best roller coaster I've ever been on. As with all parks, try to get there early.

The food is exorbitantly priced - $25 for two hot dogs and a drink. We brought food in the car and I had to argue with the man at the door to let me get it in the park. Apparently if you have kids you're allowed food, but if you don't they'll gouge you on the prices for their unhealthy fare.

Overall though it was good. The queues were a bit long, but after it rained for a bit and all the season holders left it was decent.

Visited September 2011
Brampton, Canada
16 attraction reviews
“Wonderland is great fun if you don't mind waiting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

For a season pass holder Wonderland is great value. 2 visits and your pass has paid for itself. Also, you get early park admission one hour before the public which allowed the holders 4/5 rides on Behemoth before the park actually opened. This is generally and hour wait ride. Not only does getting there early get you fast access to several rides, but it also tires the kids out prior to dinner saving even more money by not eating in the park.

Over all its a great day, with great entertainment for kids and adults alike and the water park is a refreshing bonus on those sweltering days.

Orangeville, Canada
9 attraction reviews
“One of the best times ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Love Wonderland it is a great place to take your kids. The rides are for young and old a great time so much to do and the new windseeker was awesome. The food is reasonably priced but bring a picnic if you go with a crowd that could be pricey even with a pass at 15% off it could cost a fortune....Can`t wait till next season!!!