“More for Business” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre

You added Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre to your Saves list
Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Bass Pro Mills Dr, Vaughan, Ontario L4K 0B9, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Vaughan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
“More for Business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Novotel is a very clean hotel, it holds a very business like and professional look, the actual hotel service from the receptions are usually very dull. Our first experience was pretty good, but my second visit I had trouble connecting to wifi. I got stuck in a dead end zone even after calling the tech line. I was then moved down to another room, but again the wifi still had its fair issues for not working or staying connected during usage.
Over all the hotel is clean and professional. The target is definitely for a more business like group.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Frank R, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear SaharOh,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. I am sorry that you had problems connecting with the Wifi. We have just completed the installation of fiber optic internet throughout the hotel therefore any connection point will be sure to provide you with the fastest possible internet. In addition we are currently reviewing all wireless access points to ensure the same consistent speed in all areas. Thank you once again

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Frank Russo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Winchester, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Novotel is a very new hotel in Vaughan. The location is fantastic for shoppers as it is right beside Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre and Bass Pro. Very close to Wonderland as well.
There are many good dining options near the hotel (Canyon Creek, Keg, Boston Pizza, Chuck E Cheese, etc).
The rooms are very modern with beautiful bathrooms. The showers are the best I've been in. Very spacious with great water pressure. The beds were very comfortable.
For the business traveler, having no laundry facilities on site was an extreme disappointment. Drycleaning for everyday clothing is overkill.
The bar and breakfast areas were very nice and modern, but the breakfast was the priciest I've seen, and frankly, not very good. The bar prices were also through the roof. Much more than even the upscale restaurants in the area. I would suggest avoiding food and drink at the Novotel if price is any factor.
Modern, comfortable rooms with a great washroom area make this a hotel that I would return to and recommend, especially to the Shopper.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Frank R, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear millsy2662,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and recommedations. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our offer and services.

It was great to hear all the positive comments for our rooms and location however sorry that our food and beverage offer was not up to your expectations. I will review with our team to ensure we continue to offer a quality product at competitive pricing.

We look forward to welcoming your back

Regards,

Renfrew, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I found the room and services excellent. The only thing I found odd was there was no dresser. Plenty of closet space, but I am used to putting my clothes in a drawer. Other than that, I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Frank R, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Renfrew607,

I appreciate you taking the time to rate the Hotel and the strong recommendation to anyone. You comment on the drawer is very valid and I agree. It is with client feedback that allows us to continue offering excellence in value and service each day.

I am happy to inform you that we have already ordered and will installing new chest of drawers in all our guestrooms by the end of this year.

We look forward to welcoming you back

Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotel is very modern. I liked the design of rooms. Very close to Vaughan Mills where you can empty your wallet and run out of limit on your credit cards :) The only thingh I did not like is a whistle of the air-conditioning during strong wind (even though it was turned off, the wind got through it and whistled in a very scary way.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Frank R, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Andrew_waw,

Thank you for the positive rating and comment on the Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had some wind noise coming through the heating and air conditioning unit. This is not normal for guestrooms in the Hotel therefore if you could provide us with the room number, I will have it checked accordingly.

Thank you once again, and please feel free to contact me by phone or e-mail.

e-mail: frank.russo@accor.com
Tel: 905-660-0212
Midland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed overnight while attending the theatre in Toronto. The staff were excellent on our arrival. They were very efficient and friendly. Free parking is available on site. The suites were very clean and modern. Furnishing were in excellent condition. The bed is extremely comfortable as well. I did not use the restaurant/lounge although passing by it looks nice. The hotel offers free wifi service. I would certainly return to this location on my next visit to Toronto. Adjacent to Vaughan Mills Mall which offers a great shopping experience.

Room Tip: This room was on the fourth floor. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mac M,

Thank you for selection Novotel Vaughan while attending a show in Toronto. I am happy to hear that our team was able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back. Have a look at our website for Shop and Stay packages with Vaughan Mills.

NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel seems to be fairly new and well done. Rooms were clean although the size of the flat panel TV seem too small for the room which made watching TV at night on the bed a bit of a chore. The buffet breakfast is quite good albeit a tad on the high side. The size of the indoor pool in the basement is laughable. I suppose it's more for children to splash around but don't expect to do any actual swimming as one could probably push off from one side and reach the other side without a single stroke.

Overall, a very nice hotel with a chic look. Not spectacular but pretty good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Frank R, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear honorduty,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some comments on the Hotel. I am sorry that we did not completely meet your expectations on the services available.

I am happy to see that you were overall satisfied with the Hotel and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I booked a room to attend a womens conference during the week. Booking was no problem. Parking was easy and upon my arrival to the lobby I was greeted by the front hotel staff who were very friendly and helpful. The woman at the front desk helped to change my reservation to one bed and make sure I had everything I needed. She also made sure to call me when I arrived in my room to double check and make sure everything was okay with the room. She also gave me details on where the conference was taking place and how to get to it.

I decided to grab dinner in the restaurant below, the service was very slow but the servers were friendly and efficient once I stated that we were on a time crunch. Some friends joined me and were pressed for time. The food arrived and our bills were settled in time for us to get downstairs to the conference.

The room was comfortable, clean and the bathroom had only a stand up shower but it was very nicely set up. After our conference we went to the bar for drinks and our servers were absolutely attentive and very friendly. Thank you!

In the morning as I was getting ready to leave I smelled a really strong glue/caulking smell and as I left the room the fumes were getting quite strong. I stayed on the second floor and my room was right beside an area under construction. The construction was not loud, just the fumes, and it didn't start until after 11am so it wasn't an issue. Just might be something to mention when booking to make sure you aren't in the same room during the day when they are working on it.

Check out staff were very friendly. I would definitely stay again and recommend this hotel. It is quite close to Vaughn Mills shopping centre, and Ikea. Many options for business and conference rooms and great staff to help you set up and tear down.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear spagirlforlife,

Thank you for taking to the time to provide your comments on your overall experience. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service.

Our relationship with our guests is extremely important to us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Have a look at our website for special offers with Shop and Stay packages with Vaughan Mills.

Frank Russo

Been to Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre? Share your experiences!