“Awful, Simple & Unprofessional” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 53 Restaurants in Tillsonburg
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Awful, Simple & Unprofessional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Our group decided to attend Casa Di Luci after reading about its opening and the owner/chef's extensive culinary history in the Tillsonburg paper. We thought, fantastic a locally owned and operated Italian restaurant in town! As it turned out...it was a pathetic and disappointing hour of our lives we will never get back! First off, fresh made pasta is far from the truth. Secondly, customer service is most definitely NOT a priority of ANYONE in said establishment, including the owners! This place will not last...I've yet to hear of a single satisfied person that has dined at Casa Di Luci.

Also, one last thing...I've read reviews from others posted above and the fact that the wife of the owner has responded to some of the negative reviews in such a rude and negative manner is despicable and that, in itself, sets the tone for the kind of place it is!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Amy R, Owner at Casa di Luci, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
I will no longer be responding to negative tripadvisor reviews in any way. A legitimate review which honestly tells customers what to expect is one thing, but this hate-filled vitriole we have been experiencing is something else altogether. I can't change anyone's mind, so why try? Objective tripadvisor readers can ferret out the quality from the nonsense. I will leave that up to them.

I am truly sorry that anyone has had a bad experience here. It makes me sad because I do, in fact, spend hours upon hours in that kitchen alone rolling pasta dough, and making sauces and desserts. When a problem occurs and we offer to make it right or redo the error and the offer is declined, then we get a review that is not just negative, but vindictive and hateful, it's hard not to take it personally. But from now on, I will let those opinions go, and just focus on the positive. The vast majority of our customers have been very satisfied, and that is our goal. Obviously, we can't please everyone. So, I will just continue to do my best, and those who like us will return, while those who do not, will find somewhere else to eat. And that's alright, because there is enough business in Tillsonburg to go around.

God Bless

Tillsonburg, Canada
“My new favourite! Best place in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Wow this place was amazing! I can't say enough good things about it. Everything in freshly made from scratch and you can taste the time and effort that goes into each dish. The pasta is real homemade fresh pasta, which is much tastier than your store bought dried stuff. My husband and I made reservations for Valentine's Day. Service was excellent. Our table was ready when we arrived even though we were a bit early for our reservation. We had the med bread di luci as an appetizer. You have to try this...soooo creamy and cheesy. We wanted to eat it with a spoon. We each ordered a salad. I had the Caesar and he had the spinach. I had the Casa Varieta (chicken parmesan, fettuccine alfredo and I chose the cheese ravioli). It was a HUGE portion. Each dish was a flavor explosion! The marinara sauce on the spaghetti (with the chicken parm) is so fresh and tasty. The alfredo sauce was rich and creamy. The ravioli was to die for! soooo cheesy and delicious. We had soft drinks as they do not have their liquor license yet (but it is in the works don't let this stop you the food is amazing). My husband has the tortellini and absolutely loved it. The portion sizes were more than enough to fill us up. We had cappuccinos and tiramisu for dessert. The tiramisu was rich, creamy and delicious as well. It tasted to like another piece and I regretted sharing with my hubby. The best part about it was the price! Our bill came to $62.00, which I found to be extremely reasonable considering we had appetizers, entrees, dessert and cappuccino. We are so thankful that there is an amazing affordable place to eat in town. Our new favourite place to eat!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amy R, Owner at Casa di Luci, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write this review. It's so good to know that you enjoyed your evening with us and especially your food. It is all a labour of love for me, so the positive feedback is of enormous importance! I'm happy you liked the Tiramisu! If you are a chocolate lover, next time you come back, try the chocolate cake. It is so rich and moist!

We look forward to serving you again!
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I waited 3 days after visiting to ensure that I'm not writing this review with fresh emotion. That being said I can whole-heartedly say that the guests that i was with along with myself, will not be returning.
I myself personally ordered the GRILLED chicken entree ($19) but requested garden salad in place of potatoes. My salad came before everything else (my table requested all the food be served at once as some ordered meals, some just apps) was wonderful, but perhaps a little small considering it was taking the place of my potatoes. Once my "grilled" chicken arrived, i took one bite and sent it back. There was more oil on it than I could stomach and no grill marks. Making me question the title altogether. There were 4 florets of broccoli on my plain boring plate. There were bits of charcoal on my chicken from whatever was cooked in the pan before mine which only solidified my decision to send it back. Along with another guest who plainly stated "For $19? If you don't send that back, I will" It was sickening.
The "spinach" dip lacked spinach, although tasted fine enough. Kraft caesar dressing topped the bitter romaine lettuce. Minestrone soup looked more like Hamburger Helper with chunks of ground beef and store bought noodles. And a bean salad that had no dressing, oils or seasoning of any kind....simply beans in a bowl.

With 3 things sent back out of 4 people, no manager came out to speak with us. Our meek, slightly embarrassed waitress kindly offered to replace the meals we had to send back, but we had seen enough by this point.

Bills come. More of a mess. Drinks added to bills that didn't have drinks. $8 Bread + $2 drink (that she didn't order) + $2 in taxes (in what country is tax on $10, $2???) equalling out to $10 at the bottom of the bill......?????
Minestrone soup was charged for (even though it was sent bad) and when we questioned the waitress on it she simply stated "I know but my manager said to still charge you for it" Absurd.
Kindly she only charged me $8 for my minuscule salad and 4 pieces of broccoli. No tax apparently.

We watched the male "owner" answer the door and greet guests who entered but was never bothered to come speak with us.

For a business that is just starting, I can't see it lasting long. Far too many mistakes made and quite frankly no effort from the ownership to assists when needed.

Upon leaving we joked of finding a drive through, but found our way to a nearby restaurant, Niko's, for drinks, where they offered us a free snack to help fill our bellies from our lack of dinner.

Such a shame. This area needed a nice new restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We have dined at Casa di Luci twice now and both times have had a great meal and a great experience. We found the staff to be friendly and accomodating and we enjoyed the quiatness of the restaurant, felt as if you were dining in someones home instead of a restaurant. To the owners and staff of Casa di Luci please keep up the good work. We will be back again for sure.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amy R, Owner at Casa di Luci, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your meals at Casa di Luci! It's wonderful to know that you also like the homey feel of our facility. We do hope that our customers feel as if they have been invited into our home to enjoy what we like to think of as "Italian comfort food." We strive to create a relaxed environment where everyone is welcome and you can come in, sit down, enjoy a meal, and be yourself. It seems that some customers have been expecting/looking for something much more upscale and exclusive, but that is not our vision, so it's quite nice to know that there are folks like yourself out there who just want good food at reasonable prices in a comfortable, intimate setting! We look forward to serving you again soon at the Casa!
Simcoe, Canada
“Very dissappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

A few bugs to work out with a new business,as expected, My wifes meal was cold,3 small manicotties, no side salad or soup offered, My supper was a half sized piece of tough veal , with stringy sub standard pasta. warm ish pop,i was refunded for half of my veal dinner. Each meal 17 dollars. I wanted to give owner 17 dollars to buy a real portioned home cooked ,with side salad, and or soup,at barrel pizza in Simcoe.We were afraid to order dessert.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere