“Definitely should try!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Canadian, Fish & Chips
Burlington, Canada
“Definitely should try!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

After reading other's reviews, I was a bit skeptical about trying Pierside Restaurant but it was much better than what I've read! The service was amazing and the food was great! I recommend their grilled white fish, it was one of the best dishes I've ever had. Definitely a good experience!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

North Bay, Canada
“Okay but Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had the whotefish dinner which was great but the next morning we wanted some coffee to go (taking the ferry) and it was $2 each for regular (not that great) coffee. Service for dinner was slow.

Visited August 2013
CANADA
“High prices and not worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to go eat after getting off the ferry at South Baymouth. We had another restaurant in mind and I wish we had taken it. Tis place is way overpriced. I had a simple garden salad that was $9.95 and there wasn't much to it besides a few onions, lettuce and tomato. Ny husband had a BLT with a salad in place of fries and his was almost 13.00 dollars. With a beer and iced tea, our bill came out to over 30 dollars. I am sure we ate here before a few years ago and it didn't seem that expensive. We will definitely not eat here again and drive on by to Carol's and Earl's further up the road. We had their brochure and the prices seemed more reasonable.

Visited August 2013
Nanaimo, Canada
“Needs a Health Department Visit. What's With a Dog Going Into the Kitchen?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The Pierside Restaurant is located in South Baymouth directly across from the parking enclosure for the Ferry to Tobermory. It has a colorful sign and an outdoor patio, although it was too cool to think about sitting out there. We decided to try it for lunch while we waited for the ferry. That was a big mistake.

I must not have gotten any smarter in my old age because we should never have entered the dining area after I saw a dog following an employee or possibly the owner into the kitchen. The mutt wasn't a service dog, that was for sure.

However, we did sit down and received menus and quickly surveyed the room while deciding on what we wanted. The pricing on the menu looked like it was at least fifty to seventy five percent higher than we expected. I understand that it is a short season business but the prices versus the appearance of the place was nuts. That is what happens with a captive market.

We decided on just a snack and coffee. My wife saw that the cup at her place setting was badly chipped. The waitress replaced it without comment and tossed it into a nearby garbage bin near our table. We ordered Blueberry pie and coffee. We looked about the room while waiting for the order.

There was a very nice view outside, but the windows were so filthy that we couldn't see it. There was a mounted fish on the wall and some tanned skins that had native art paintings on them, They were for sale and they were expensive. The more I looked around the more I saw how junky and uncared for the place looked.

The coffee and pie arrived. The coffee was only passable and the pie while warm was probably thawed then heated in the microwave. It certainly wasn't fresh or homemade. It was a cheap quality commercial pie that tasted of freezer burn. The bill for two pieces of cheap supermarket old pie and coffee was $14.00.

Definitely, this place needs a Health Department inspection, especially for the dog in the kitchen. Travelers should try a different restaurant or simply pack a lunch.

• Visited June 2013