“Wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 stars

14 North St., Port Hope, Ontario L0A 1A0, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Port Hope B&B and Inns
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the plantation house the night of our wedding (we aren't going for a honeymoon until Nov.) and were thrilled by all the little touches..candles burning and ice cold water waiting for us even though it was 1 am when we arrived! The sheets were unreal (I'm buying a set for home!) and the bed was so comfortable!
Breakfast was beautiful and delicious and Rose was so wonderful.
We loved our stay and will absolutely be back!

• Stayed August 2011
onlythebest_10, Owner at Plantation House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
Dear Newly Weds, thank you so much for your great review. It is important to us that each guest has a wonderful experience as you expressed in your review.
Oh yes, the sheets and beds at Plantation House are amazing, taking sleeping time to a whole new level. Only the best for our guests!
Best wishes for all things good.

See you both on your 1st anniversary.........Rose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

My daughter held her wedding at Plantation House B & B in June 2009. It was a perfect spot for my daughter and her husband to hold their wedding. It gave them the elegant, romantic but yet rustic surroundings for the type of wedding they were looking for.
Rose was most helpful with recommendations for a gourmet caterer, a wonderful decorator, musicians and a horse and buggy.
The grounds were a gorgeous background for the wedding pictures and it took the guests breath away when we arrived by horse and buggy up around the house. The quests also had the experience of the buggy ride from the parking lot to the well manicured grounds.
As the Bride and Groom walked out to a quaint gazebo on the pond, to say their vows, musicians were playing in the background.
Everyone at the wedding commented on how gorgeous the surroundings were and that it was a perfect location to hold a wedding.
The accommodations at this cozy B & B are very clean, quiet and decorated beautifully.
Thank you Rose and Rex for all your help.
Cindy

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Mother of the Bride,
thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am very happy that after a few years have passed, your daughter's wedding day is still so fresh and memorable in your mind.

What a gorgeous movie star couple! I can also still remember this wedding the entire grounds and the Cinderella Barn was just magical with so much love all around.

ps: I am still using the signs

Thanks to you all for chosing to celebrate this beautiful wedding at Plantation House in Bethany.

Best Wishes to you and your family..........Rose
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Rose and her husband are wonderful people. The grounds are just stunning. The B&B itself is just lovely. Food FANTASTIC. The grounds outside reminded me of a "secret garden" I can't wait to come back next September for my fall wedding.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

The Plantation House B&B is a lovely oasis in the countryside where you will be treated to pristine accommodation and an exquisitely lovely breakfast as tasty to the palate as pleasing to the eye . Rose , your hostess is a lovely lady who attempts to make you feel very much at home .

Room Tip: All the rooms are perfectly lovely .
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

On a business trip, after couples of nights in Holiday Inn, I found it would be better to support private owned places.
I chose Plantation House. 1st because of the name and 2nd, the photos. After a quick conversation with Rose, my choice was made.
This cozy B&B is great, on a quiet land. Clean, decorated with taste. Excellent breakfast.
Do not hesitate to spend a night or more, I highly recommend.
Sophie

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

In September 2007 my partner and I got married at the Plantation B&B. We had planned a very small ceremony (just our witnesses, photographer, and her partner) so were able to accommodate everyone at the B&B. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and almost luxurious for this type of lodging. The home cooked breakfasts (by the owner, Rose, herself) are excellent and you get more than your share of food - no need for lunch! We had musicians play on the deck while we walked out to the gazebo to say our vows, and were able to take photos in the lovely gardens on the grounds. Rose also helped us in recommending a gourmet caterer and allowing them the use of the kitchen for our wedding night dinner.
I would highly recommend the Plantation for a weekend getaway and/or an event such as a wedding. We couldn't be happier with our choice and will be back for an anniversary in the future!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
onlythebest_10, Owner at Plantation House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am so happy after years have passed you still remember the details of your wedding celebration at Plantation House.
I can also remember your wedding weekend and it was a pleasure sharing our home with you all.
Wishing you both all the best. Hope to see you all in this Summer
Congratulations!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

My partner & I celebrated our first anniversary at the Plantation, and we could not have asked for a more relaxing weekend. I pampered my lady with a massage on site, which she raved about afterward. Our room was clean, the king size bed was heaven to sleep on, and Rose was a great hostess. If you're looking to get some peace and quiet, this is the place to go!"

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
onlythebest_10, Owner at Plantation House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.
I am thrilled to know that you both had a relaxing and peaceful stay at our B & B and also experienced a heavenly sleep in our new comphy sheets.
I will pass on your compliment to our on-site RMT.......yes, she is amazing!

Best wishes for all things good

Been to Plantation House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!