“Always A Hit” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Ajax, Canada
“Always A Hit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

My partner and I frequent the Black Bean Steakhouse as often as we're able. The food is always delicious and the service is always impecable. The Roasted Jalapeno Caesar has great flavour and is a must when we go, my partner usually orders a steak with one of the tasty, flavoured butter "pucks", while I tend to try something new every time we attend. From the "Jamby" Stuffed Sweet Chile to the Albuquerque Burger and daily features the food has always been most impressive. The atmosphere is always warm and welcoming whether you choose to sit in the dining room or at the bar with the talented bartender and I've never felt rushed after finishing a meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Newcastle, Canada
“Excellent service and creative food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We had dinner, the menu was very interesting and covered all tastes. I have a diet with many restrictions and when I asked for a custom meal the waiter was very accommodating and did not make me feel like it was an inconvenience. The waiters service matched what you would expect in the price range.

We had two appetizers jerk poutine and trio of dips which were excellent and all 4 of us enjoyed and we ordered Beef tenderloin, Portebello mushroom, Voodoo pasta and I custom ordered shrimp and rice. All were prepared to perfection and presented well. My son loved the beef tenderloin, one of the best he has had. We all enjoyed our meals and felt the price matched the value.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
ontario
“enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have been twice now, and really have fallin' in love with the place.
We are 'foodies' we cook great meals at home, and find it hard to find a restaurant that is worth spending the money.
Black Beans is that place.
The quality of the food, variety, taste, outstanding.
The staff treat you like long lost friends.
Atmosphere is lovely.
We are hooked.
Only one minor complaint....liquor is slightly over priced....a few bottles of wine less than $44 would be nice.
But, we will be back!

Grafton, Canada
“Renewed menu is wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Not sure when the menu was updated, but it had been 6+ months since we last ate there. Coming in from the Via train from Toronto, we wanted a nice dinner at the end of a hectic week. We were delighted with the whole experience. We started with a glass of wine each, one Chardonnay, the other Sauvignon Blanc, well priced. I stared with 6 oysters, New Brunswick and PEI, very fresh and tasty. A red beet salad followed with a horseradish crème and bacon bits. Wonderful and refreshing. My husband chose the evening special: Supreme of chicken with wild mushroom sauce, yukon gold potatoes and a medley of roast vegetables: carrots, parsnips, brussell sprouts. The whole meal was absolutely delightful, particularly the demi-glace with wild mushroom. Looking forward to the next visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Zurich, Switzerland
“Beef Tenderloin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Very nice atmosphere, Steak cooked to perfection, fries excellent, really appreciated the variety of fresh vegetables. Wine rather average, but I suppose it's difficult to keep a good selection of wine by the glass, the wine list for bottles looked more interesting. I also appreciate that they have 3 different sizes of tenderloin, - for me Northamerican meat portions are always too big, so it's wonderful to be able to order a European sized portion (5 oz) and they manage to still cook it rare.