“Great steakhouse experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Great steakhouse experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We went to Port Hope for the weekend, just to get away. I had read ~right here on TripAdvisor!~ that this was one of the best places for dinner in town. We were a little reluctant - not really in the mood for steak - but we're very glad we did. The staff was super friendly, and the menu was fun and creative. We especially loved the southwestern touches to everything. We ordered the fresh fries for an appetizer with the poblano cheese sauce and smoked chicken and - oh my God, best riff on poutine we've EVER had. It sounds heavy, but it really wasn't. Our steaks were done extremely well, and we appreciated all the great, unique side dishes that went along. I ordered the mac & cheese, at the server's drooling encouragement, and enjoyed them immensely. Greatest mac & cheese ever, I had to fight my girlfriend off to finish them! I also ordered their goat cheese and chipotle compound butter, and it was an excellent complement to my steak. The prices are comparable to that 'big Canadian chain', but for the experience and unique flavours, I'd make the trip back out here, instead.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Port Hope, Canada
“Tried it, Liked it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have been here once since arriving in Port Hope last year. It was welcoming, attentive but not obtrusive service, and excellent food. Others there that night were clearly enjoying it too.

Visited June 2012
Port Hope, Ontario, Canada
“First time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our evening at the Black Beans. The staff, food and presentation were great. I don’t know why I waited so long to try the Black Beans.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingston Ontario Canada
“Unbelievable food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Had pre-show dinner at Black Beans Steak House and Lounge in Port Hope, Ontario, on Dec. 8th.
Didn't have a reservation but the staff couldn't have been more helpful in getting us in.
The four of us our in our 60's and all agreed that we had never tasted such amazing steak in our long lives! I had Beef Tenderloin steak and it was melt-on-your-mouth delicious. The others had
Rib-Eye and were just as amazed by the quality of the meat and the chef's skill. (The Keg could take a few pointers from them!).
I would advise reservations because it is a very popular place - and no wonder.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Hope, Canada
“The Bean will delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

There are places to eat and places to experience - the Black Beans scene is one to experience. Each time we have eaten there has been memorable. Food is always amazing and the staff always attentive.

Visited November 2012