“Not good, not terrible. ” 2 of 5 stars

662 Goderich St, Port Elgin, Ontario N0H 2C0, Canada
(519) 832-2444
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 42 Restaurants in Port Elgin
“Not good, not terrible. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Went here at the very start of dinner buffet (4:30) the food was all hot and mostly fresh but is so average its hard to describe. Very plain ordinary Chinese buffet style food. The sweet and sour and plum sauces are very very sweet and goopy. Again this food is not BAD I but it also isn't good as in I live in the area but will likely not eat here again.

In addition the restaurant is dirty the water pitcher used to fill our glasses and left on the table had black greasy marks on it and bathrooms and tables were rather dirty.

Southampton, Canada
“Delicious Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I love their dishes at Lido Gardens. All the food is tasty, piping hot, and very fresh. They have excellent customer service as well. I have recommended this place to a lot of my friends and family.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ontario Canada
“Under rated. Good take out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Been getting take out here for years. Cook has been there for over 20 years. I find the combination dishes to be a good value. Egg rolls, chicken chow mein, chicken fried rice, crispy chicken wings in Chinese beer batter. My wife also likes almonds with mixed vegetables with steamed rice. If you want gluten free they will cook without certain sauces for you. The buffet and in house eating has really slowed down over the years and it's understandable how that has occurred with respect to all of the new competition. I do believe they deserve more credit on the take out front though. I know that what I order I always like. I also specify my chicken wings in a separate box to make sure they nice and crispy :) When ever I order I find we have enough food for lunch the next day too and for 20 dollars for two people that's great.

Visited September 2013
Port Elgin, Canada
“Not that great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Not a bad selection of buffet choices, however the food is often cold and I'm not sure that it's even 'real' meat(I think it's rabbit). Very friendly owners(trying to sell and retire). Lots of seating available though.

• Visited March 2012