“If it was properly cleaned, it would be the best beach in the region in my opinion” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nickel Beach

Type: Beaches, Outdoors
Ottawa, Canada
4 attraction reviews
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

I been visiting this beach since I was a kid, used to be crystal clean in the 80's and early 90's it was still even ok up up till 2-3 years ago when it started to smell terrible and green crud started to line the shoreline everywhere. We still visited despite this, as the beach is beautiful, you can drive you car on it and it's shallow quite far out so great for kids. However went this year and the smell is unbearable, the green sludge at the shore extends 5 feet out at some places and could not find one spot that didn't have green sludge lining the shore. This is unacceptable, whoever is responsible for maintaining this beach is doing a terrible job. Please clean up this beach and get rid of the smell so everyone can enjoy this beach again!

Ontario
51 attraction reviews
“not worth the stop”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

There is very limited parking. The stench from the seaweed convinced us not to stay.

Visited July 2012
Niagara Falls, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Not the same beach I grew up on...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I would spend sunrise to sunset on this beach in the 80s, not anymore. I feel uncomfortable bringing my kids here now. The entire beach reeks, dead fish and dead birds litter the beach. Litter is everywhere.

Visited August 2011