“Sunset Ride” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HorsePlay Niagara

HorsePlay Niagara
Hwy # 3, west of Port Colborne | 11061 Ellsworth Rd. N. Wainfleet, Port Colborne, Ontario L3K 5V4, Canada
+1 905-834-2380
and up
Ranked #1 of 13 Activities in Port Colborne
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback ride along the beach in Niagara, near Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo. Discover the local beauty while horseback riding one of our well-trained horses. Horseback Ride on our one and two hour horseback rides, Sunset trail rides and Romance packages. Horseback ride along the Trans-Canada Trail viewing the wildlife on quiet paths along scenic lakes or beaches. Great for first time horseback riders or more experienced riders.
Sandusky, Ohio
“Sunset Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We thoroughly the sunset ride to the lake. The guide was knowledgeable, informative and funny too. I would highly recommend this ride to any beginner.

Visited August 2013
HorsePlay1, Owner at HorsePlay Niagara, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
I am glad you found enjoyed both your ride and our staff and thank you for the review.

Toronto, Canada
18 attraction reviews
“Good group activity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Each year I bring a group of students from Japan to Horseplay Niagara. For most of them it is their first experience riding a horse so it is a very special time for them. The well behaved horses make for an enjoyable and safe ride. The students also enjoy the mini putt that is available while they are waiting for their turn to ride. They have the lunch of hot dogs, pop, and chips out on the picnic tables to round off their experience of an afternoon at a Canadian farm. It is always one of the highlights of their visit to Canada so we will, be back next year.

Visited July 2013
HorsePlay1, Owner at HorsePlay Niagara, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We always look forward to your group coming every year! Thank you for the review.
Niagara Falls, Ontario
3 attraction reviews
“Tried it twice - won't try again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We live in the Niagara area and have many of our out of town friends with kids visit in the summer months. Twice we have taken our company to Horseplay, and both experiences were less than stellar. After the first visit, thinking it was a one off we went again and the second visit was worse than the first.

My complaint would be that the whole experience is treated like an assembly line production and rushed. "Can the girls pick their horses". No. "Can they visit the horses before mounting". No. Instructions barked out. Rush Rush Rush onto the horse. Irritated by questions. They asked if anyone was nervous, we pointed out the girl that was nervous. They put her on her horse first - then left her alone. When I was taken to my horse I could see that she was crying. The horse had moved and pressed her leg up against a fence which had startled her. She ended up not riding. Her mother stayed back with her. Horseplay *graciously* refunded half of what was paid for the ride as we did not give 24 hour notice of cancellation.

Will not be taking any of our future company to Horseplay.

I will comment that the horses themselves are well trained, calm and well suited for trail rides. The trail guide was helpful and pleasant. All the irritation occurs at the barn/start up area.

Visited July 2013
HorsePlay1, Owner at HorsePlay Niagara, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding the quality of our horses and staff. I am sorry you felt you were rushed at the beginning of your ride however that typically only occurs when riders do not arrive at the required half hour prior to departure. This limits the amount of time that can be spent in order for us to remain on time for our clients that are reserved after your ride. We encourage petting and allow riders to spend extra time with their horse following their ride as long as time is permitting. As I am sure you can understand it is impossible for us to allow riders to pick their own horses. We use specific horses for children, nervous riders and as well we match the size of the rider to the size of the horse so a small horse is not over weighted . These are all factors that need to be decided by our experienced staff based on the individual factors of the ride. I am pleased that you felt are our staff were helpful and pleasant and horses were well trained and I am sorry that you feel our stable is not suitable for a return visit.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Worth the ride if visiting Niagara Falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My family of first time riders very much enjoyed our 90 minute ride. The best part was when we rode the horses into shallow water and the guides took photos of each person/group. The horses were well trained and the guides gave good instructions on managing the horses and did a nice job sharing information about the trails. I highly recommend wearing long pants for the ride. My only concern was that two of the three guides did NOT wear riding helmets which sets a bad example...

Visited August 2013
Thank you for your review and I am very happy you enjoyed your day with us!
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Always a great time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

As usual, Horseplay Niagara and their wonderful tour guides did another fantastic job in providing a wonderful time for myself and my friends. I brought along a first time rider, and Cathy and the team at Horseplay made him feel really comfortable. The horses are great, the ride is truly serene and peaceful. I highly recommend Horseplay, and will continue to be a returned rider!! A big thank you to the Horseplay team!!

Visited August 2013
I am thrilled that you continue to return to our stables and enjoy our horses and scenery. I thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you again!