“Fresh and delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Sandwiches, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Unique Dining experience along the Welland Canal with adjoining kitchen store. Two spacious hotel suites located above the restaurant, and private dining room overlooking the canal. Daily Lunch & Dinner features, Featuring Local craft beers & Ontario Wines. Outside Patio overlooking the canal
Peacock Point
“Fresh and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I recently was in town and ended up being taken to the Canalside. It was sooo good, so different from your normal restaurant. The host/owner was fantabulous. Let me try and couple of different beers when I was undecided. Let me try his house salad dressing when I told him I didn't like mustard (turns out the dressing was delicious). Just a great place and friendly atmosphere. It should be on "You Gotta Eat Here". Thanks so much.

Southampton, Canada
“A great stop on a road trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Wow! We were on a road trip this week and stopped to see a friend in Port Colborne. She suggested coming here for lunch because she knows we like something a little different. We definitely were not disappointed! Not only was the food exciting but our server/owner was extremely informative. He introduced us to a local beer (even giving us a taste test first), gave us some interesting info about the town and even divulged some ingredients in our lunch choices. The food was fresh ( I had the ginger squash soup which I could have easily just had for lunch ) and innovative (jerked chicken salad with just the right amount of heat). My friends were equally impressed with their meals.
This is a must visit spot on your travels.

Ridgeway, Canada
“Awesome restaurant - you have to try this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The food was fantastic, and the service matched. Sitting at the window, you can watch the ships pass by in the canal. Will absolutely go back, again and again! Try the beer flight... and everything else on the menu!

Welland, Ontario, Canada
“Finally !!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

As an Urbanite I have found my move to the quaint towns of the Niagara Region not so tend-sensitive as one might have been lead to believe. With that being said as of Saturday afternoon I was delightfully proven wrong. Canalside Restaurant is a beacon of light in a sea of over cooked frozen food like products that I have come to expect from the restaurants in this area.

Canalside has successfully married the atmosphere and decor of a Gastro pub with an exceptional menu focusing on local seasonal produce. I ordered a wrapped that had the most divine combination of sweet peaches, chicken, goat cheese and ginger. From the first bite I knew that I had finally found a noteworthy dinning experience.

I have found myself eagerly anticipating my next visit and feverishly spreading the news that Canalside Restaurant is the urban village restaurant that all of Niagara must visit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Welland, Canada
“Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Canalside restaurant in port colborne is a hidden gem. The food is fresh,homemade and fantastic. Anything my husband and I have tried has been delicious and the atmosphere is great!!! I highly recommend trying this restaurant. Enjoy!!!

• Visited July 2013