“Nice lunch on back balcony.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Nice lunch on back balcony.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Casual lunch place. Nice balcony at the back overlooking a lawn down to the river. Turkey panini was tasty for lunch.

Visited June 2014

Ottawa, Canada
“Home cooking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had a late supper and the schnitzel was dry. We met the chef as he was leaving. We came back for breakfast which was hearty, flavourful and set us on our way home. Service was good and friendly. Too coolo to sit on the patio but view would have been nice.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Try other places first”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I am going to stop recommending Ella's to the tourists and visitors. I have been working in Port Carling for two years now and I have visited Ella's many of times. I have visited twice in the last week and I have been very disappointed each time. Usually the food and service is fair but this last week has been worse. It seems as though all of their servers are very confused and do not know what they are doing.
I am vegetarian and I have either gotten a vegetarian meal or asked for a meal without meat. The first time there were cut up sausages in my hashbrowns and the second time there was a mass of turkey in my sandwich- though I asked about 4 times for no turkey.
The service was disappointing and the food is average.
Others seem to have a better visit, however, I will be avoiding this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
MIAMI
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We enjoyed good food, quick and friendly service. It was an enjoyable stop for lunch, with a patio facing the water. We had a veggie burger and a chicken burger, with a hearty large bowl of chicken chowder. They serve sandwiches, burgers, etc.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Great quick service and delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Had brunch here with my boyfriend. My first time here and was pleasantly surprised. He had a traditional breakfast, i had a BLT with fries and we both had the special goulash soup. Everything was delicious. The BLT and fries were amazing. I will definitely be coming back even just to grab fries to go!