My husband booked 2 nites for us as an anniversary gift to me.
We'd read the reviews on here & hoped for a positive experience.
Well we got that & more! Shortly after check-in we had lunch in the dining room. Food was FANTASTIC! I had a cheddar cheese burger w/fries, my husband had the chili & we shared a caesar salad to start. The croutons in the salad were awesome! Jenn was our server & she was great. After lunch we went to Amba Spa for a facial & massage. This was the only disappointing part of our entire stay. The facial was "okay", the massage was AWFUL. I am a former Registered Massage Therapist so my expectations were high - the massage was way too rough (my skin actually hurt that evening!) & there was no rhythm or flow whatsoever. I should've said something but didn't ... the almost $400 bill for the services was hard to swallow!!!!!
After the spa, we retreated back to our room for a bit before dinner that evening. We were the only guests at the hotel that 1st nite & therefore the only guests in the dining room. Some places might make you feel unwelcome but the staff here did just the opposite. Our server, Cheryl, was super friendly & knowledgeable. I ordered the sable fish & my husband had the lamb - both dishes were divine!!!!! The young chef, Giles (or Gilles) came out to our table as we were finishing dessert & chatted w/us for a few minutes. We own a restaurant & they all said they'd try to make the trek north to try our restaurant this spring - we sure hope to see them there!!!
We had breakfast in the dining room on the 1st morning - eggs benedict & pancakes - both were very very tasty altho I thought the pancakes could've been hotter!
We went in to Port Carling to Tapps Cottage Eatery on the 2nd nite, had fish & chips & wings - very tasty w/great service. The 2nd morning we ate in our room (we had brought some yogurt, fruit, juice & muffins w/us) & then checked out.
We would definitely recommend this inn to anyone!!! The room was clean & well-appointed & we were very comfortable. There IS a hot tub on the premises even tho there's no mention of it on their website so if you like hot tubs, bring your bathing suit!!!!!
We hope to go back some day w/our boys :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrating 75 years in 2014 Nestled among towering century-old pines at the very edge of Muskoka's sparkling Lake Joseph, Sherwood Inn is a retreat unlike any other. •Muskoka Ontario resort vacations •Waterfront Muskoka inn •Resort wedding facility •In house wedding & group catering services •Muskoka resort vacation packages •Onsite health spa •Ontario conference, meeting & reunion facilities •Championship golf courses nearby Among the most authentic Ontario Inns, each guestroom and cottage suite at the Sherwood Inn is decorated to reflect the traditional character of Muskoka, and is complete with every modern convenience you would expect from a Muskoka hotel. Many rooms feature cozy wood-burning fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. Open year round, Sherwood Inn guests can enjoy abundant on-site activities as well many Port Carling Attractions. Visitors to our elegant Inn at Lake Joseph experience gracious hospitality, luxurious pampering, and absolute tranquility. Plan a relaxing getaway today and experience life at one of the most majestic Ontario Inns, the Sherwood Inn on Lake Joseph in beautiful Muskoka, Ontario! Visit us once. Love us forever. Welcome to Sherwood Inn on Lake Joseph, Muskoka's preeminent traditional lakeside inn, offering breathtaking surroundings, tasteful accommodations, fine dining, exceptional facilities, upscale amenities and unparalleled service in the heart of Muskoka, Ontario. Sherwood Inn provides the perfect getaway, blending the charm of old Muskoka with the comfort and indulgence of modern day amenities. Located close to all the most popular Muskoka area attractions, including three eighteen-hole championship golf courses, guests at Sherwood Inn can enjoy everything this Ontario cottage country destination has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Sherwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Sherwood Hotel Port Carling
- Delta Port Carling
- Port Carling Delta
- Sherwood Inn Muskoka District/Port Carling, Ontario