It was such a gorgeous day on July 4th so my boyfriend and I decided to get out of the city. We booked a Premium Maplewood Room. We had the last room at the end of the hall on the top floor with a view of the lake. We got there at around 5pm and we were checked in right away. The sunset by the lake was simply stunning. We really enjoyed our stay and plan to return again.
I do have a few suggestions for the possible improvement of the property: Our room AC was VERY loud and rattled to the point where it had to be turned off so we could sleep. Luckily it was a cool evening so we had the sliding door to our balcony open all night. It has a screen so no issues there. Second: The tennis court seems dated and personally a waste of space on the property. A nice sitting area with a garden would be a much better use of this space.
Overall the rest of the property is nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrating 75 years in 2014 Nestled among towering century-old pines at the very edge of Muskoka's sparkling Lake Joseph, Sherwood Inn is a retreat unlike any other. •Muskoka Ontario resort vacations •Waterfront Muskoka inn •Resort wedding facility •In house wedding & group catering services •Muskoka resort vacation packages •Onsite health spa •Ontario conference, meeting & reunion facilities •Championship golf courses nearby Among the most authentic Ontario Inns, each guestroom and cottage suite at the Sherwood Inn is decorated to reflect the traditional character of Muskoka, and is complete with every modern convenience you would expect from a Muskoka hotel. Many rooms feature cozy wood-burning fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. Open year round, Sherwood Inn guests can enjoy abundant on-site activities as well many Port Carling Attractions. Visitors to our elegant Inn at Lake Joseph experience gracious hospitality, luxurious pampering, and absolute tranquility. Plan a relaxing getaway today and experience life at one of the most majestic Ontario Inns, the Sherwood Inn on Lake Joseph in beautiful Muskoka, Ontario! Visit us once. Love us forever. Welcome to Sherwood Inn on Lake Joseph, Muskoka's preeminent traditional lakeside inn, offering breathtaking surroundings, tasteful accommodations, fine dining, exceptional facilities, upscale amenities and unparalleled service in the heart of Muskoka, Ontario. Sherwood Inn provides the perfect getaway, blending the charm of old Muskoka with the comfort and indulgence of modern day amenities. Located close to all the most popular Muskoka area attractions, including three eighteen-hole championship golf courses, guests at Sherwood Inn can enjoy everything this Ontario cottage country destination has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Sherwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Sherwood Hotel Port Carling
- Delta Port Carling
- Port Carling Delta
- Sherwood Inn Muskoka District/Port Carling, Ontario