Stayed for one night in January, via Living Social voucher. Good way to keep the occupancy rates at a reasonable number in winter, I guess.
Great setting, lovely hotel, if a bit dated. But hey, it's cottage country, so nobody's expecting South Beach. Room was spacious, with an enormous, comfortable bed and more than enough room for two. The only down side: in the room we had, you can't have a lake view without giving up all your privacy.
The staff were certainly friendly. The prices (coupon aside)? Not so much. There's a collection of DVDs in the lobby, but they cost six bucks each to rent.
Dinner? Downtown prices, not exactly downtown execution. Decent, but value-for-money was a bit lacking.
Still, a fine getaway, and an unparalleled setting, which must be even more spectacular in the summer.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Sherwood Hotel Port Carling
- Delta Sherwood Hotel
- Delta Port Carling
- Port Carling Delta
- Sherwood Inn Muskoka District/Port Carling, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrating 75 years in 2014 Nestled among towering century-old pines at the very edge of Muskoka's sparkling Lake Joseph, Sherwood Inn is a retreat unlike any other. •Muskoka Ontario resort vacations •Waterfront Muskoka inn •Resort wedding facility •In house wedding & group catering services •Muskoka resort vacation packages •Onsite health spa •Ontario conference, meeting & reunion facilities •Championship golf courses nearby Among the most authentic Ontario Inns, each guestroom and cottage suite at the Sherwood Inn is decorated to reflect the traditional character of Muskoka, and is complete with every modern convenience you would expect from a Muskoka hotel. Many rooms feature cozy wood-burning fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. Open year round, Sherwood Inn guests can enjoy abundant on-site activities as well many Port Carling Attractions. Visitors to our elegant Inn at Lake Joseph experience gracious hospitality, luxurious pampering, and absolute tranquility. Plan a relaxing getaway today and experience life at one of the most majestic Ontario Inns, the Sherwood Inn on Lake Joseph in beautiful Muskoka, Ontario! Visit us once. Love us forever. Welcome to Sherwood Inn on Lake Joseph, Muskoka's preeminent traditional lakeside inn, offering breathtaking surroundings, tasteful accommodations, fine dining, exceptional facilities, upscale amenities and unparalleled service in the heart of Muskoka, Ontario. Sherwood Inn provides the perfect getaway, blending the charm of old Muskoka with the comfort and indulgence of modern day amenities. Located close to all the most popular Muskoka area attractions, including three eighteen-hole championship golf courses, guests at Sherwood Inn can enjoy everything this Ontario cottage country destination has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sherwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.