“Bad service, overpriced food, crowded atmosphere.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Port Carling, Canada
“Bad service, overpriced food, crowded atmosphere.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The restaurant is constantly busy, which is expected. But when they let this impact their service and food, it is unacceptable. Going in there, I felt like i was a worthless customer, no matter how much I was willing to spend. It took 40 minutes to be seated, another 20 before our waiter even came to introduce ourselves, and everything else was just as slow. It took over an hour to get our main course after our appetizers were finished. I asked to speak with a manager, but he was "too busy" to see me. I ended up getting the meal for free because mine was overcooked and my wife's was raw (chicken). Even after the free meal, I have no interest in returning or sending any of my customers (im in the hospitality business) to this restaurant. Very unpleasant experience. Worst in Muskoka.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Calgary, Canada
“excellent dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Went for dinner. Started on the patio by the water but a passing thunderstorm forced everyone inside. Excellent selection of draft and bottle beers as well as an extensive wine list. Great friendly attentive service. We had the Atlantic Salmon and Chicken stir fry which my wife and I shared. Both excellent. We really enjoyed our experience here

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Lovely patio”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

right on the water. People came up for dinner in their boats. There was a small group of heavy drinkers, smoking next to us which we didn't enjoy. The turkey/goat cheese sandwich was quite good and the french fries were hot and tasty. I found it a little pricey for the food, but the patio is worth a few dollars more.

Visited June 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Nice venue. Average food. Below par service. Pricey or what you get Nice staff.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

The reviews are right, if you sit outside, the property is hard to beat. But if you are inside, you could be anywhere - and anywhere average. It does seem a shame because it could be excellent. It's June and their website says they are closed for the season - so I called and they at very much open. But I think this was a clue - management is at fault for the below average food and modest service. The associates are really nice and the place is hopping - but if you look around you see lots of people waiting for food and waiting for bills - but not much eating.

I ordered Caesar salad and then the chicken fingers dinner. The dinner came first and for $15.99, I received barely enough fingers and about twenty fries. It was more than an appetizer but less than a dinner - maybe the plate was too big for the modest portion - but it could have benefited from a piece of garlic bread or something. or a lower price. it just looked so average and lonely - and the taste matched!

My Caesar salad starter was okay - but it arrived when I was already into my chicken fingers. It's called a 'starter' guys..... Come on! It was in a really really small bowl and you had to mix it yourself - do you were required to hold parts of the salad with your fingers to do so. At $6.99, I give it average but disappointed I had to wait for my main and then get served my salad.

It's worth noting again that the staff were really nice, so I am convinced they just do not know how to kick it into operating mode. If you want to watch a game or get a table outside, this is a great place - especially if you aren't here for food. Otherwise, the Bala Pub just a few minutes away has far better made right on the spot wings (fom Cajun dry rub to honey garlic) and pizza made to order pizza. The property is pretty local but far superior and much less expensive. I came to check it out Turtle Jacks for the season and I will not be back - at least not anytime soon. Unless of course, the patio calls!

Toronto, Canada
“Great location. Average food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great location. Average food. Good place for drinks and even lunch, as long as you're there for the view. Don't expect much of food.

Visited August 2011