“Bad First Impression” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 46 Restaurants in Perth
Ottawa, Canada
“Bad First Impression”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Visited on a Saturday afternoon. Waited so very long for anyone to acknowledge our presence even though we were the only customers in the section of the pub! Ordered a rueben sandwich and a chicken breast sandwich, nothing complicated by any means. It was ridiculous how long it took to get our food, at least 40 minutes! We almost got up to pay our soft drinks and leave. The food was just ok, my little wee chicken breast was served on a cold hamburger bun with mayo, so disappointing.

A table of six people came in about 10 minutes after us and they had to wait also. The waitress gave us the impression she was not happy to be working. We have rarely experienced such poor customer service. We really regretted our decision to eat there and will not return or recommend it.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Perth
“Best Wings and Food in General”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food is very good, Wine is good and was reasonable in price. Noticed they changed glasses to small wine glass. Would rather pay more and have a glass that fits your mouth!

Visited February 2014
Dartmouth, Canada
“Great Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stopped for lunch on a recent Saturday based on recommendations. The Red Fox is not the fanciest tavern you'll ever visit, however was quite clean with great service and great food. The somewhat limited menu offers typical pub items, however we both ordered club sandwiches which were both excellent (real turkey!). Overall terrific value and met expectations!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Not customer focused”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I would have given this a 3 or 4 star until these two incidents that happened. First I have eaten here at least 20 times since January and outside of the problems outlined below its been steadily decent. About three visits ago my wife was served a raw burger, when brought to the waitresses attention she informed the owner who came over and stated it's okay to eat that way as the beef came from the Butchers Edge not a factory. Or we can take it and cook it some more, decided not to have it re cooked and just didn't eat it. Today at lunch I had the meatball sub special and didn't like the taste of the meatballs, it wasn't a nice flavor so didn't eat any more than the one meatball and tried a nibble of another to taste it still terrible so stopped eating. Waitress talked with owner and nothing was done. In both cases I have listed I still had to pay for the not eaten meals. First time I thought bad day, second time we decided owner isn't very service orientated and we will spend our money at other establishments in Perth.

Visited October 2013
Perth, Canada
“Best Poutine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I've been going to The Red Fox for years now and I just wanted to say that they have the best poutine I've ever had. The fries are probably generic crispy fries but I've never eaten ones quite like it. Topped with shredded marble cheese and amazing gravy it is to die for. I usually get it with a burger or wings which are also above average and consistently good for the past two decades at least. The rest of the menu is great with standard pub fair like roast beef sandwiches, jalepeno poppers, pizza fingers & chicken fingers rounding out my favourites. Oh ya, and of course ice cold Rickards Red!

• Visited July 2013