“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Perth Parkside Inn & Spa

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Perth Parkside Inn & Spa to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Perth Parkside Inn & Spa
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   82 Peter St., Perth, Ontario K7H 1S2, Canada (Formerly Code's Mill on the Park Inn & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #2 of 6 Perth B&B and Inns
Brockville, Canada
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Came here for the night after our wedding to just get away and relax for a bit, and we had a wonderful stay! Easy check-in, great staff, the room was spacious, bed comfortable, large bathroom! Breakfast was semi-okay. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMPERTH11, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Perth Parkside Inn & Spa, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you very much for you appreciative review of our hotel. We are pleased that you found a peaceful haven with us after what is often a stressful but wonderful life event. Good luck to you both and hopefully you will celebrate your first anniversary with us.

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here with my wife while on business in Perth, Well what can I say. Perfect.
On arrival we were met by a very nice lady on reception, check in was quick and informative.
We were in room 317, Wow. The room was large, airy, bright. The room was very clean with a King size bed. The Room had everything you would need, large modern LCD screen, build in wardrobe, fridge, microwave, Desk, office chair, lots of lighting options.
The bathroom was tiled in a modern style with floor to ceiling windows with wooden blinds.
Added to this there was a spar bath and under floor heating. The whole room and hotel was very clean and tidy.
The hotel has a quiet policy between 11.00pm and 8.00am so you are assured of a good nights sleep.
The hotel has a complimentary breakfast which we were informed was continental, Well it is very continental, not just your cold style but, 2 types of eggs, bacon, sausage, A make your own waffles grill and the view from the breakfast room is directly over the park. The guy who runs the Breakfast room is very pleasant and polite.

There is a spa and pool; we did not use this on our visit, however, I did make use of the well equipped gym, which was again modern and immaculate.

As if all this is not good enough, the Hotel backs directly onto the town park, you walk directly out of the rear of the hotel onto the most beautiful park, with river, bridges , and seating areas.
From both the front and rear of the hotel it is only a few hundred yards to the towns main street, complete with a good choice of bars, restaurants and shops.
Parking is directly in front of the hotel in its own car park.
I am a seasoned traveller and this is a true 5* hotel and a great find. Not Ideal for travellers with small children.

Room Tip: 317 is a nice corner room that faces the front of the hotel. However the hotel has rooms overlooking...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GMPERTH11, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Perth Parkside Inn & Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Wow! Thank you for taking the considerable time to write such a comprehensive and complimentary review! We are very pleased that you were so happy with your accommodations and our beautiful town and that you had an opportunity to use our fitness facility. Hopefully, you will be able to use our pool, hot tub, steam room and spa on your next visit.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Organized a class reunion at the Perth Best Western Hotel for a group of seniors from various parts of Canada and the US. Most impressed with the very helpful staff and service. One of our folks had to be taken to emergency and the hotel staff drove them to the hospital and picked them up afterwards. Rooms were great and the spa was first class. DIY breakfast was fine.

Moose Morin

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
GMPERTH11, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Perth Parkside Inn & Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you .Were glad you enjoyed your stay and day at the Spa. It is always good to hear how helpful the staff are to all our customers. I was the the one who picked up the man from the Hospital and it was my pleasure. We hope to see you all at the next reunion.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel for a wedding well in advance. It was the hotel suggested by the wedding party and a discounted price was supposed to be available if I quoted their name when I called, which I did, reserving a room and receiving a receipt via email. I congratulated myself for my forethought and planning.

Two weeks before the wedding I got a message on my phone saying that they had accidentally double booked a room that was meant for someone in the bridal party and I had been bumped from the hotel. No meaningful apology, no offer to find me a room somewhere else, no offer of a free future stay at the Best Western, just a suggestion that I try to get myself a room at the motor inn a few kilometres away. I tried to call back all day and either no one picked up at the front desk, or the only person qualified to speak on the matter was somehow perpetually in a meeting. When I finally got through, once again I was startled at the lack of sincere apology, the unnecessary excuses that were repeatedly made, and the lack of any attempt to make it up to me. Once again, the only thing they offered was a suggestion that I try for a room at a local motor inn, not even offering to call for me so I wouldn't have to spend my work day on the phone long distance.

I'm not a snob about my lodging, but considering that this was the hotel for the wedding, from which the shuttle to the venue was leaving, it was inconvenient for me to stay elsewhere. I also was looking at a five hour drive to and from Perth, and had specifically opted to pay more for a room because I thought the Best Western would be more romantic for me and my partner, and we could have a lovely night in a soft bed. Not a night in a bare bones motor inn with it's neon lights and rough towels.

The hotel itself looked quite nice from the outside, which is all I got to see of it. The manager responsible for the events booking could use a little bit more training in hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMPERTH11, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Perth Parkside Inn & Spa, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
This review has been posted in the wrong hotel. This review is not for this hotel. Please remove it ASAP.
The Inn the reviewer is referring to is not a Best Western and is not this property. In my investigation of this incident I talked to the booking agent of this other Inn. The reviewer booked rooms in the Mother of the Bride’s room block. The rest of the INN was sold out. .When the mother of the bride turned in her rooming list to the Inn the reviewer was not on the list. The Mother of the bride asked this other INN to remove her from the block .The mother of the bride made the reservation and was paying for the rooms so the booking agent did as requested by the person who booked and was paying for the rooms . The reviewer was informed two weeks in advance that there was no room for her at the INN. So this other Inn did not Cancel the reservation at the last minute!” The reviewer was given plenty of notice. Again this has nothing to do with Best Western.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Beautiful hotel in a wonderful setting next to a beautiful park with 5 acres for us to walk. Little river running through the park. Very peaceful. We went for my wife's birthday so she took advantage of the wonderful Spa in the hotel with a relaxing massage. The pool and hot tub were well appreciated. The staff were both friendly and professional. A nice continental breakfast had all that we could desire. The decor of the room was very nice and the shower was amazing. Each room has a tub with jets. Many places to sit and read, a putting green for those avid golfers. Many hotel packages available. A beautiful setting in a perfect little town. Many restaurants within walking distance. A great place to come back to. Also perfect for weddings, conferences, and retreats. Wish them lots of luck.

Hans and Cynthis

Room Tip: If possible choose a room overlooking the park. A really pretty view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMPERTH11, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Perth Parkside Inn & Spa, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you very much. I couldn’t describe us better. We are glad we could help to make your Wife’s Birthday a success. Happy Birthday! From all of us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked a block of rooms at the Best Western Plus in Perth and its adjacent property, The White House, in anticipation of our July 26th wedding. Our wedding was taking place at our cottage on the Big Rideau so we needed accommodation for our out of town guests along with a shuttle to transport them to and from the hotel. There were a number of logistics to coordinate with the hotel including the room bookings, shuttle schedule and welcome gifts.
Thankfully, we had the good fortune of working with Amanda Baker, the hotel's wedding coordinator extraordinaire! A true professional and an outstanding ambassador for the Best Western, Amanda was consistently responsive, friendly, professional and detail- oriented. She ensured that all of our questions and requests were addressed in a timely fashion, even offering to stay after her shift to ensure all the final details were in place. Amanda's warmth, good humour and patience helped to keep me, the slightly anxious bride, feeling much calmer- confident that we were in very good hands.

Amanda was a standout, but everyone we encountered at the hotel, including Sue, Colin and Janet at the front desk, were incredibly helpful, friendly and supportive. It made all the difference, in the days leading up to the wedding, on the wedding day itself, and during the days following as we picked up items that had been left behind by guests.

The hotel itself received rave reviews from our guests, many of whom travelled from overseas and were visiting Canada for the first time. The rooms are tastefully decorated, well-appointed, clean, comfortable and serene- many of them overlooking beautiful Stewart Park in Perth. The complimentary breakfast was also a hit with our guests, since it provided a convenient option to grab a bite and mingle with friends and family in the hotel's bright and airy breakfast room overlooking the park and the Tay River. While I didn't have an opportunity to use the spa or the pool/steam room, they were both very well equipped, bright and nicely appointed.

I would highly recommend the Best Western Plus Perth Parkside Inn and Spa for anyone planning a wedding in the area, or looking for a serene escape. The management has done a great job of establishing and maintaining a very high standard and building a solid team.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room facing Stewart Park. It's a beautiful outlook,at any time of year. In...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your great review of our property and staff. It was truly our pleasure dealing with you and your guest. It is our goal to ensure all of our guest have a memorable experience well visiting us. We do enjoy the great feedback from you and your guest. For you to take the time to personally call me was extraordinary and has motivated all of our staff again Thank You! Thanks to your call and this letter Amanda has won the employee of the month award and is on her way to Niagara Falls. If there is any way we can help you in the future please call me.
Renfrew, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our stay in Perth was very good the Room was well appointed and the staff were very nice. You are in the center of downtown within walking distance of many restaurants and small shops to explore.and the beautiful park along the Tay River. We would definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the great review of our property .Were glad you took the time to explore the town. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Perth Parkside Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!