“Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Perth, Canada
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

It is such a treat to go to The Masonry. We went there a week ago when my daughter and her partner were visiting and the food was amazing. I live in the area so have been there a few times and never disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“small portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

i orderes two appetizers and a main course to share with two people. THe bag felt light as i left the restaurant but i didn't think nething of it. $13 for 2 small sweetbreads?? and $23 for what looked like a half of a cornish hen. what a gyp!! portions r too small for anyome to fill up on. go there if you're not hungry at all.

Ottawa
“What happened?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have been to the Masonry for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The past two dinner experiences have been disappointing. The bar tender/owner?? should try smiling at customers. He poured us some water and barely said hello. Stood behind the bar while his one waitress ran around serving tables (it was busy for a Thursday). Not sure what happened to the fresh bread they used to serve, now it's orange, salty popcorn. I had pickerel, the only flavour I could pick out was butter. It came with couscous - which was OK and 2 small carrots...good thing I wasn't overly hungry. My huband had the pork T-bone, it wasn't overly great either. Not sure what's going on...we had some really great first experiences at The Masonry, and did give it a second shot but I don't think we will go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
kylehwoods, Owner at The Masonry, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions on your recent experiences with us. I would like to address some of the issues you mention in your review. The level of service and quality that you describe is obviously not the level that we hold ourselves to.

Please feel free to contact me via email or phone at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss these issues further.

Kyle Woods
Owner
kwoods@themasonry.ca
613-285-4635
Ontario, Canada
“Nailed it again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I've had lunch here a number of times now and it's been fabulous every time. The food is very fresh, creative, beautiful to look at and above all tasty. The chef is obviously very talented and the ingredients are top quality. The lamb burger was excellent.
The staff are always very pleasant and attentive as well.
I'll be back.....again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
kylehwoods, Owner at The Masonry, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Hi there,

Thank you very much for your positive review! We look forward to having you with us again very soon.

Kyle Woods
Owner
Toronto, Canada
“Really good, creative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Kudos to the creativity of the chef(s) who obviously have a passion for their work. The black and blue salad - possibly the best salad I've had - pork brittle with blue cheese, who'd have thought! The duck was very good and my wife enjoyed the pickerel. Portions are larger and more filling than they look. Will definitely visit again when in Perth.

Visited May 2014