“Hidden Treasure” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Brampton, Canada
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife, two daughters and I just returned from a very enjoyable pre-Christmas afternoon outing in Mono Centre. Following our pleasant drive from Brampton and nice winter hike through the provincial park trails, we stopped at the Mono Cliffs Inn for lunch. It had been a few years since our last visit but we remember fondly both the main restaurant and the pub downstairs.

We decided to venture downstairs to Peter's Cellar and very glad we did. Just as we recalled, the atmosphere was so cozy and relaxed. As we warmed up by the wood fire my wife and I enjoyed a few refreshing pints of Creemore (one of our favourite local brews) while our girls enjoyed their hot chocolate admiring the train circling the pub as well as all of the beautiful Christmas ornaments individually hung from the celing.

Our daughters both enjoyed their beef burgers with peameal bacon served with ceasar salad. My wife and I shared a baked brie in raspberry sauce and clam cakes served with capers. All of our food was fresh and delicious and our overall experience enhanced by Wayne's warm and inviting hospitality.

There are not many places where we would immediatly plan our next visit but we are already discussing our return; who we should invite and when. We would like to return with another couple for dinner and live music. We'd also like to reserve the private cellar for a special occasion one of these days. The cozy ambiance combined with excellent food and warm hospitality will keep us coming back to this truly hidden treasures for years to come.

• Visited December 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful hidden spot...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of attending Peter Cellar’s Pub at Mono Cliffs Inn with a close friend of mine. She raved about this hidden spot she and her boyfriend discovered, and as usual, her taste was impeccable. Graced with historic charm and the coziest atmosphere, one feels immediately at home upon entering this little hideaway.

We sat at the bar and I was in a rather animated state, regaling my friend with a story of some sort, using more hand gestures than necessary. And then it happened. My left hand jerk upwards and knocked two glasses off the bar into the back bar area. After a splintering shatter, a hush descended over the crowd. I thought for sure I was done for, mind you, the locals had been so friendly up to this point...I waited with bated breath, head held low in shame, profusely apologizing. At that point, the most welcoming, forgiving and hospitable Pubkeep known to humankind, Wayne, promptly refilled my glass, comforted me with his warm smile, told me not to worry and immediately put my humiliation to rest.

I witnessed the bar staff have to empty all the ice and open liquor from behind the bar, mop up, cut new limes and lemons, all without a hint of aggravation. Instead, they cracked jokes, told me stories of local adventures and made me feel like a part of their wonderful little pub family.

Come to this place if you’re looking for somewhere “where everybody knows your name,” even if you’ve just arrived. These sweet little spots are a rarity these days- as are true professionals like Wayne and his crew.....and don’t get me started on the desserts.

Visited November 2012
Ontario
“Has it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Pub, dinning room, patio, main room & even has it's own wine cellar where you can book a party of 8 in your own private cellar (extra charge to rent) Blackboard menus on the wall with such wonderful options to please all. Perfect Los to stop in for dessert and coffee or a cold beer and an app after a nice fall walk at Mono Cliffs Provincial Park!

Visited October 2012
Aurora, Canada
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

An outstanding venue in the middle of the hills north of Orangeville, although it seems a long way from there. The ambiance is fine pub with far more than pub fare. Had the grilled calamari to start, which may be the best I have ever had. Mains were rack of lamb and seafood boulibase, both of which were outstanding. The dining room would work fine with a group (I was with a group of 8) or couples dining. After dinner we went to the pub downstairs. Again, it was hard imagine that we were still in Ontario. Would love to return again, any time!

• Visited November 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Outstanding !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Most times we go out for dinner it is to this absolute gem - in the middle of nowhere. While the ambiance and food are great both upstairs and down, we generally go to Peter Cellar's Pub. It is a small, cozy room and your host Wayne makes each experience outstanding. Wayne is the ultimate host and makes you feel like you are his best friend from the moment you enter. Wayne is able to move folks already seated over a bit and most times (if able) will find you a table. A lot of regulars spend time here and no one ever minds moving a bit. The host is outstanding and genuine, the food is terrific and the ambiance is stupendous. Well worth the drive from wherever you are. And a bonus if you like hiking, Mono Cliffs is absolutely beautiful and provides one with the opportunity for a great easy.

• Visited October 2012