“Enjoyed our meal” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Charlottetown, PEI
“Enjoyed our meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We saw the Food Network show, You Gotta Eat Here and decided to give this place a try. Not very big and the menu is all written on chalkboards. Good home town feel. My husband and I split a pulled pork sandwich, poutine and sweet potato fries. Not too bad. It was good, not really tasty and the bun was a little crunchy but still very enjoyable. Wouldn't be my first place to go back to again but for a quick sandwich, I would definitely return. Enjoyed our meal.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ontario, Canada
“Good Eats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Dine in or take out, good fast food on great bread at a reasonable price. Tried several of the sandwiches and fries and all were great.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orangeville, Canada
“Better than in Philadelphia!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Excellent quality sandwich, fabulous hand cut fries!!! We usually eqch get a sandwich and share an order of fries!!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were visiting a friend recently in the area and wanted to grab a quick and inexpensive meal. I have all of the You Gotta Eat Here locations on my GPS an did a quick search of the favourites to see what was closest. This popped u as being a few km away from where we were and we decided to check it out. We showed up at 4:50 on a Sunday and their hours showed as closing at 5 PM. We came in and asked if we could do an eat in order so late and they were more than happy to serve us. I just had the traditional Philly cheese steak sandwich with cheese and onions and shared a Poutine as well. The sandwich was great, the meat was juicy and flavourful and the onions gave it the sweetness that it needed. The sandwich bread was fresh and crusty and gave it some well needed texture. The Poutine was hot and the fries were nice and crispy. Overall I would say the food is excellent and the owners really care about their restaurant. I would go back for sure.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orangeville, Canada
“"You (Definitely) Gotta Eat Here!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We're locals and read in the paper that Philadelphia Kitchen was featured on a TV show so we decided to check it out. We were not disappointed! This is a quick eat in or take out lunch/dinner venue with limited seating inside. Given the type of place it is, I'm impressed with the decor and atmosphere. The food is delicious - We generally get the signature Philly sandwich and one order of fries which we share between the two of us. I love really good fries and the ones here are one of my favourites. The portions are very generous and the meal basically fills me up for the day. In addition to the great food, the staff are friendly and efficient. We've been back many times since that initial visit and have recommended the place to many of our family and friends.

• Visited January 2014