“DISGUSTING” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Norpeel Motel

Norpeel Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orangeville
Norpeel Motel
You added Norpeel Motel to your Saves list
21206 Hurontario St, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 2Y9, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Orangeville B&B and Inns
Barrie, Canada
“DISGUSTING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I can't even give it 1 star but i have to give it something to fill out this review. We booked into this motel cause we were a little tight on funds and didn't think anything could actually be that bad. The place is like a crack shack, along with the stereotypical "sketchy dudes" hanging around outside. The women behind the counter seemed like she was strung out on something. First thing they did was offer me a discount if i paid cash. I had already given them my credit card. That was a mistake. I was in town a day early and went past to check it out and cancelled my reservation on the spot. They let me take a look in one of the rooms to apparently prove that they were "nice". First thing i did was unfold the sheets, full of hair. The whole place is disgusting. I wouldnt walk in there without shoes on. Bathroom looked like it hadnt been cleaned in weeks. according to the cancellation policy it is ok to cancel with 24 hrs notice. I did and they still charged my credit card. Not to mention on the phone "front desk girl" quoted me $75 for the night. my card was charged $96. Dont make the same mistake i did. Avoid this place as if it contains the plague. The positive reviews on various websites must be done by the owner trying to convince others that everything is ok. It is a disgrace to all other motels in the area and i highly doubt that he is actually affiliated with all those stickers that he has in his window. To give you an idea of how truly bad this place is, if a real estate agent was to put this place up for sale it would be listed as "property value only". Do yourself a favour, save yourself the hassle and look for somewhere else to spend the night.

Room Tip: choose a different motel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Orillia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This facility was inferior and when I called to reserve a room for 2 nights they charged my VISA immediately without telling me they were doing so. When we checked in the first night we decided we could not spend a second night there and so cancelled the second night but were then told the credit card had already been charged and they have a "no refund policy." Outrageous, and in my opinion, downright dishonest.
That first night, a bunch of young people checked into the room next to us at 2 a.m. and partied until 6 a.m. when they checked back out. It was unbelievable that they would allow these kids to check in at that time, knowing it was going to be a party night for them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had read the reviews but was still hopeful until I showed up on site. As a solo traveller, safety is important and when then the door doesnt close or there is no deadbolt/ chain I knew this was not good sign.
On top of that, there was additional fees for a pet that is not adveristed on the website and the when you walked in the room it was horrible smell and very UNclean.
I left and tried to get a refund but was told because it was a late cancellation they wouldnt
DO NOT stay here

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
London Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Rates on sign said $54 or something like that and I was charged $75.Advertized as truck parking which is a bit of a streach unless you mean pick up truck.Stank inside checkin area and room,I'm a cat lover and have 4 cats at home but my house doesn't smell of cat crap.Flies and a host of other creepy crawlies Great place to go if you want to meet the otherside of long term tenants like the 50 year old tart with the purple mohawk I'm not a real fussy person but this place should be burnt down

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
newcastle on.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This motel should be condemed, stayed one night lost $$ for second night booked as we left real early next day. Flies in room also bitten by something? Spider I think and hand totally swelled up. Check in area smelled like a kittly litter box and was quite run down. They should close this down as I feel it is a health risk for any future visitors not to mention a black mark on Orangeville . Calling Orangeville Tourism to-morrow as I feel very strongly they should be removed from their list of places to stay. Picture clearly is of another place...Made a special trip a nightmare for 2 old seniors. Mgr called left message no refund as we booked Min.Com but I'm sure the motel got their money in late June. Calling Min.Com also Mastercard as they should no longer take booking for this place....
B.HAMILTON

Room Tip: Read reviews and don't ever book or stay there
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Orangeville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

the rooms are clean,the people are friendly and best part is they are pet friendly...Anything I ask or I recieved.In the morning they were pleasent and friendy...Prices are fair even when a long weekend.I booked the Wenesday before my stay on the Friday and got my room.By all means the hotel outside lookes daated but you can tell that they are fixing it u slowly...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Angus, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Booked this place through Booking.com as my wife was staying overnight at the local hospital (proximity was the key). First, the pictures on that website, are no where near representative of the room I stayed in (room #1) and I doubt that those pictures are from rooms at this motel, I may be wrong on that, but the room I was in was not remotely close to what I saw in the pictures, very very dated and tired looking. If I had not pre-booked with a no-cancellation rate ($65.09), I would have departed as soon as I saw the room.

The TV was a 13 inch, not like the larger screen TVs shown in the online pics. The satellite reception was good however.

The reservation was for a non-smoking room, the entrance door had a "Thank you for not smoking" sign at the door, however the room had a moderate and very detectable stale smoke odour. Even with a strong spraying of Febreeze, which I happened to have with me, the masking effect was short lived and I woke up with a taste as though I had been smoking half the night. Don't advertise non-smoking rooms if you cannot supply them, that is simply false advertising.

Upon arrival no key for the room was available (key system not a card access), I had to be let in with a master key as I was told the maid had the room key. About an hour later I went to enquire about the key and was told they were gone to get a key cut so it should be available in about a half hour. By that time I was due back at the hospital, so had to make another trip back later just to get the key, with no apology or acknowledgement of the inconvenience of having to do so.

When I awoke in the morning and proceeded to the bathroom to get ready for the day, I turned on the hot water faucets to find no hot water, would not even describe it as lukewarm, more like cool. Figured with being on a shared source that with about 20 mins wait I would get close to warm water, however upon testing it again it was no better and just got colder the longer I ran it, so packed up and departed without a morning shower.

Lastly, I went to the office to return the key and discuss/advise the hot water issue but the office door was locked and my knock went unanswered, so I deposited the key in the outdoor key receptacle.

Room Tip: Room was quieter than I expected considering it is next to a busy secondary highway. About the only...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Norpeel Motel? Share your experiences!