“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rocky Crest Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Rocky Crest Golf Resort to your Saves list
Rocky Crest Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   RR#1, Hamer Bay Road | MacTier, Ontario P0C 1H0, Canada (Formerly Delta Rocky Crest Resort)   |
Ranked #26 of 54 hotels in Muskoka District
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I stay here a few times per year. Twice with family and usually once with friends. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly always. The food is incredible. The best value in Muskoka and you can't beat the amenities and view. Highly recommend. Endless things to do here.

• Stayed June 2013
Jerry F, Manager at Rocky Crest Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thanks for the great review, we always appreciate hearing from our guests.

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My friend and I got a great deal through a social deal site, and we are so glad we purchased it! We checked in on Friday and were there until Sunday, early afternoon (late checkout per our deal). Our room was just a stone's throw distance from the lake. We couldn't have asked for a better view! The rooms were just the right size with a huge bedroom and king bed. There was a small kitchenette with a dining table, sitting area with TV and a solarium as soon as we entered. Others have commented on this site that the rooms were dated, but we loved it and felt it enhanced the charm of the place.
The staff at the restaurant and guest services were extremely friendly and helpful and a pleasure to associate with. The buffet breakfast is something you don't want to miss with an excellent spread of items.
The resort itself was really nice and well maintained. The only thing which needs improvement is the lighting at night on some of the pathways leading to the rooms, which was absent. It was tricky to navigate yourself without proper lighting as we didn't want to slip and fall on the steep areas on the pathway.
I particularly found it difficult to lug the luggage from parking to the room because of the steep pathways. Guest services did offer luggage services but I declined while checking in. I used their services while checking out though and would advise anyone who has their room on the lower part of the resort to use luggage assistance due to the steep areas.
It was a little cool when we were there so we didn't do anything on the lake, but they have paddle boats, canoes, kayaks available as part of the facilities. We wish we could have swam on the lake or gone swimming in the pool..next time for sure!

Room Tip: Room 22 is across the lake and the view is simply amazing
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jerry F, General Manager at Rocky Crest Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your little getaway to our resort. We are in the process of reapairing our lighting on our pathways but appreciate you bringing this to our attention. See you on your next visit!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I give this place a five star, the staff were friendly and helpful (thanks Chad for helping me with my iPad). The accommodations were excellent. The apartment was well appointed and the beds so so comfortable. The setting is spectacular and although it was cool and rainy, my daughters and I managed to get in a nature walk when the rain stopped and the surroundings are the best that Lake Joseph has to offer. Great Mothers Day weekend! I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jerry F, General Manager at Rocky Crest Golf Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Irish403,

Very happy to see you enjoyed your Mother's Day weekend. Next time, I will ensure to order better weather for you!
Thunder Bay, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We arrived mid September in cool drizzly weather. For the $300 plus dollars a night, you'd sort of expect staff to ferry your bags to your cabin while showing you where it was in the inclement weather. Nope, nada, nothin'. All we got was them pointing, "it's over there". OK....

The unit we rented was a two bedroom loft as we were attending a wedding and shared with some other family. The layout of the loft and view of the lake was ok, but the interior and furnishings were average hotel room at best, and the units were like cheap apartment construction. It was barebones at best.

One problem that became apparent was that any noise from downstairs amplified up to the second floor. Don't put anyone with a crying baby down there; it sounded like they were right in our bedroom. Good thing I always bring ear plugs.
When we first arrived in our bedroom, I tried to turn on some lights, half of them were unplugged...the reason? There weren't enough wall plugs for the lamps, phone, TV etc. The phone didn't have a free outlet either. I tried to open the drapes, but they are basically velcroed pieces of cloth, which I just took off to get light. I called to the front desk to see if we could get an extension cord, so I could plug in my cell and netbook. I explained about the lack of outlets and they acted as if they'd never heard of such a problem and told me they didn't have cords. Later, a maintenance man did bring one over and basically told me my problem was having too many gadgets! Ohhh, really??
I'd also enquired at the front desk about pressing my husband's shirt for the wedding. "No, we don't do that. There's an iron in your room." Seriously, for what we paid??

Many of the staff were very good, but seemed to have to bear the brunt of disgruntled customers. The grounds are lovely as is the pool and scenery. The food was fine, but nothing that special. I'm not a complainer and it takes quite a lot for me to give a negative review, but when you're paying five star prices for three stars at best, it irks me big time.

I kept hearing, "well, it's Muskoka." I'm sorry, that's no excuse to rip people off. I wouldn't go here again if I didn't have to. Sorry...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jerry F, Manager at Rocky Crest Golf Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy yourself while visiting our resort. I was also disappointed that some our basic services were not delivered to you as they should have been. We have bell services on property and you should not have had to carry your bags to the room, in fact you should not have even had to ask and our front desk team is tested regularly to ensure this question is being asked and I am sorry that we missed asking you.

The outlet comment was a surprise and the first time having that comment, there are 13 electrical outlets in the room but I do know that they are large rooms with many electrical needs. I am sorry that you found that there were not enough.

We are always making improvements to our facility and will take all comments into consideration for our future improvement projects.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Family and I had a great time. My girls look forward to coming back to fish in the morning play during the day and cook marshmallows in the fire at night! Wife and I had an active family time weekend.

Food, facilities were good for the whole family. Rooms were comfortable and the mini-kitchen allowed for lots of grazing when we headed back to the room!

We look forward to next summer!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us at Rocky Crest Golf Resort. Fishing in the morning and our nightly bonfires are always a hit with the kids for sure. We look forward to seeing you next summer.
Here
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Arrived in the AM mid week and stayed for one night. At first thought one might think, thats quite the drive from the GTA. Let me tell you, well worth it. Upon arriving at the resort the staff was very friendly and even though I arrived early was more then accomadating in finding me a room almost immediately. As I brought my luggage to the room I couldn't help but notice the fall colours in and around each building. Upon opening the door to me room I was instantly amazed at the size of the accomadations (and with a loft!). The view was spectacular from the room and it only got better as I made my way into the restaurant and then later down to the main dock.

My intentions were to enjoy lunch and then maybe grab a quick breakfast before tee off the following morning but after being so impressed with lunch I knew I had to stay on the resort for dinner as well, the servers were attentive and the food was phenomenal. I will definitely be making my way back next season to enjoy the grounds and an absolutely beautiful gofl course.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
All I can say is "WOW" Thank YOU!!
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Was there thanksgiving weekend and were very disappointed by the condition of the rooms..
Couch and dining room chairs were stained, the wood furniture was really scratched ..
Loved the grounds, but would not go back because of the rooms...at$ 200.00 a nite
not worth it....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. As we are always trying to improve the property, we are in process of replacing all of our carpets and dining room furniture is on the list of projects as well. We do hope you will come and visit us again.

Been to Rocky Crest Golf Resort? Share your experiences!