Please note that this is a review of a quick stop over to try their dining room only.
Facility: This looks to be the only hotel in the small town of Morrisburg. It is a conference facility, hotel and it has a pub and restaurant attached. The decor is somewhat 'old style', but clean and welcoming. As you enter the main entrance you have a small check in counter on the right, a small lobby with some chairs and coffee table and on the left the entrance to the restaurant. We were welcomed by the person at the check in desk (but I observed it was not manned all of the time).
Restaurant: The restaurant more of a pub type of decor with several televisions about, wood chairs with no padding and the usual alcohol posters spread about.
We were looking for a stop over for food driving back from Quebec and we wanted to try something other than fast food chain burgers. We had come here while visiting friends in the surrounding area about two years ago and tried to come for dinner. The restaurant at the time was so packed and with no tables available, I thought to stop back in the future to see what the hub-bub was about. This time we definitely came at an off peak time ahead of the dinner crowd (no one else was there). The menu was a variety of usual pub type fare with a peculiar addition of chinese food. The food and prices were average in quality and price. It was not great, but not bad. I had a stuffed chicken and my wife had fish and chips. This is just fine for those times where you desire something other than McDonalds or Tims. (Actually there is a Morrisburg McDonalds attached to a gas station and a Tim's down the street). Service was attentive but not intrusive (and we were the only people in the place at that time).
We also found the washrooms near the restaurant to be clean enough, but they were showing their age.
Conclusion: This place is nice enough to come back here for a food pit stop. I can not comment on their rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful 59 room Country Inn, perfect for getaways, conferences, retreats, in a rural setting. Nestled in the heart of the St Lawrence Seaway Valley, near many wonderful attractions, including Upper Canada Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your McIntosh Country Inn & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mcintosh Country Inn And Conference Centre
- Mcintosh Country Inn & Conference Centre Hotel Morrisburg
- Morrisburg Country Inn
- McIntosh Country Inn & Conference Centre Morrisburg, Ontario