“Burnt food, disguised by a pile of gravy” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 150 Restaurants in Milton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Toronto, Canada
“Burnt food, disguised by a pile of gravy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2015

My husband and I went in on Sunday, just around lunch time. The place was packed -- it was 1/2 fish and chips day. We decided, despite the value offered by the half price deal, we were going to order something else. I ordered the Chicken Fajita Salad, and he ordered the Beef & Guinness Pie.

My salad was... fine. Nothing spectacular, but nothing horrible either. The salsa it came with wasn't fresh made -- it was typical, jarred (and cold) salsa, but again... not entirely unexpected.

The issue was my husband's lunch. Came smothered in gravy. You couldn't tell what it was. Then we discovered why: The pie was burnt. And not just a little burnt.. blackened. The meat inside the pastry was tough, and burnt. And then smothered in gravy, hoping we wouldn't notice. Well, we noticed.

When we brought up to the waitress, she said "Oh, I wondered why there was so much gravy on it....". Sigh.

She did kindly offer another meal for my husband, and which point he simply said "I'll try the fish and chips special". Again, not thrilled -- the grease was old, clearly, and the fish and chips both over oily and cold when they arrived at our table.

At that point, we asked for the bill -- and both the fish and chips and the uneaten Steak & Guinness pie were on the bill. The waitress ultimately took the pie off, but it did make it seem like it was a favour. Unfortunately, this was enough to make us decide we won't be back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Milton, Ontario
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

Great value and very tasty food.I think the staff are so polite and efficiant and the restaurant is very clean.

• Visited November 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milton, Canada
“Disgusting food and dirty tables.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

I suggested to a friend that we meet after her work day for a burger and beer. We sat outside as the weather was nice. The tables were filthy. The waitress came to take our orders before cleaning the table. I asked her as nicely as I could to please clean the table first. She seemed annoyed. I ordered fish and chips. The taste was disgusting. Old oil I'd say and the fish was dried up and toasty like it had been refried.
Normally I would complain but I was embarrassed to in front of my friend. Didn't want any annoyance as I'd already mentioned the tables. Food was also cold. Not sure what my friend thought of her meal. I'll ask her next time I see her as I didn't want to spoil our visit by complaining as I hadn't seen her in a few months and we had a lot to catch up on.
Disappointing. Won't be going there again.

Visited August 2014
Milton, Canada
“great authentic pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014

food is good service is efficient and amiable cost is reasonable. Try the chicken and leek pie one of my favourites. Bartenders pour a straight pint of Guinness, always with a good collar. Not a place if you are looking for a quiet nook to read a book.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milton
“Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Wings are wicked!! Check them out next time your In milton :) there patio is amazing and there staff is supper friendly !

• Visited July 2014