“Too many choices” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Halton Hills, Canada
“Too many choices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We went to celebrate expecting great things. There was a fish and chip special from around the world. We both thought we would give that a try. My "greek" came witha huge soggy pile of fried onions all over my french fries. Apparently they had run out of everything else greek and improvised. Ditto for the German. The fish was far too heavily battered. And cold so I did not eat mine. Pretty pricey place to make these kind of mistakes. The manager gave us a small discount apparently but was too busy to speak to us. We were pretty disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Georgetown, Ontario
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I eat out often both here at home and on our world travels. We have tried Walkers 3 times now. We love seafood and were excited when they opened. The food is tasty but we find it overpriced for what you are getting. Example: At lunch during "shrimp fest" my friend and I ordered from the shrimpfest menu as we are shrimp lovers. We ordered the shrimp risotto and for $18.95 (lunch not dinner) we were served a bowl of risotto with 3 shrimp on top.
This was not the first time I have been disappointed at Walkers. I will not be going again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great service. Terrific food for a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Lobster bisque was lovely - I had better in Halifax but, hey it's 1,000 miles from here. Bruschetta was dynamite. Carmelized sweet onions and feta. Pan-seared scallops were perfect.
I'm not a big fish guy but I'm coming back very soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Went there yesterday for fish and chips. My wife had the crab cakes and salad and was very pleased. I was initially impressed by the nice selection of beers and wine (not so much by the huge markups on bottles of wine). My order of haddock and chips at $16.95 was a complete failure. I believe that the ratio of breading to fish should be about 20% to 80%. The breading should be thin and crisp. Walkers ratio was 60% - 70% mushy breading to 30% - 40% fish. I don't complain in restaurants..I just don't go back. Won't be back here.

Visited October 2012
Campbellville, Ontario, Canada
“Amazing Steak & Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was first introduced to Walkers Fish Market in Burlington - which i loved to visit but was a 40 minute drive for the family and I. I was so happy to see a Walkers in Milton. My first visit to the Milton location was opening week and although the food was wonderful the service was not at the standard I had become used too....however I have been back several times since and am happy to see that Walkers in Milton is quickly become my families first choice for dining in Milton.

• Visited September 2012