We were with a family of 5 attending a function in Kirkland Lake, with only 2 options for accomodation in town. We had a room on the first floor, with sliding doors to the outside where our car was parked. Very handy with 5 people's luggage to bring in! The first room we were assigned was to the left of the front entrance and was supposedly non-smoking, but smelled pretty heavily of stale smoke. No problem. The front desk immediately found us a much better room on the right side of the front entrance and there was no smoke smell! The room was very clean, wifi worked well, the flat screen TV worked well and there was a little fridge and a microwave. The bathroom was extremely clean, clean towels, blow dryer, no mold or bad paint - very decent. The staff was extremely welcoming and bent over backwards to attend to our needs and provide us with whatever we needed in the way of extra towels, bedding, and toiletries. The beds were comfortable and bedding was clean. The beds seemed a bit shorter than standard beds. Carpets also seemed reasonably clean. The included breakfast was fairly standard - little muffins, toast, juices, cereals, yoghurt, coffee and tea. But it was all good and got something in our stomachs to start the day off - a light breakfast. If you want the works or something more substantial, go to the Pit Stop restaurant in town, one of the 2 Tim Hortons on each end of the town, or one of the other little diners we saw on the main strip. We heard that the rooms on the first floor were more recently renovated - never went on the second floor, so can't offer a comparison. I do agree with some of the reviews that it was a bit expensive for what it was, but from what I heard from other people that weekend, the other hotel in town was really dated, moldy in some of the bathrooms, and in need of a good cleaning and update. We felt good about where we were! Other reviews had said this was dated too, but we just thought it was very standard. It's not the Hilton, but it was fine for a couple of nights - we were out most of the day and evening. We didn't have a lot of options! The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating, which is really welcome when you have travelled 8 hours in a car with the family to get there!! It's not fancy, but it was a good, reliable and clean place to stay!
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake Hotel
- Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake Hotel Kirkland Lake
- Kirkland Lake Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the COMPLETELY RENOVATED Kirkland Lake Comfort Inn. Our rooms feature one Queen, two Doubles or one King Bed. We offer our guests a complimentary Business Centre, Free Wireless Highspeed, Free weekday newspaper, a BBQ and picnic area and much more. Enjoy our complimentary FULL HOT BREAKFAST in our brand new breakfast room! We are ideally located on the entrance to Kirkland Lake, with easy access to restaurants and services. Directly accessible by snowmobile via groomed trail right into our parking lot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.